Our Future.

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Our Future.

Postby obiken » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:41 pm

Now a tidbit for Human, I have a really bad feeling about the next couple of years. Dallas will win next year period, barring injury. Oakland is getting way better, GB will shore up, etc etc. I just don't see Pete either sticking around or improving this team. MAN DO I HOPE I AM wrong. Lets be honest outside of Human who I do like more than he likes me, who going to say that our OL will get better next year. I think its Pete to LA, I love what he did for us, but I think he is gone. No Loyalty there.
obiken
Legacy

Re: Our Future.

Postby I-5 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:44 pm

Why do you see Pete not sticking around? He recently signed a contract that keeps him in Seattle until 2019, and he has always stated his vision for sustaining a winning culture for a long time, the way he demonstrated at USC. Starting over at age 65 seems like it would go against that, and where would he go that would allow him the level of control he has now as VP, not to mention the willing ownership, facilities, and rabid fan base?
I-5
Legacy

Postby obiken » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:08 pm

I-5 wrote:Why do you see Pete not sticking around? He recently signed a contract that keeps him in Seattle until 2019, and he has always stated his vision for sustaining a winning culture for a long time, the way he demonstrated at USC. Starting over at age 65 seems like it would go against that, and where would he go that would allow him the level of control he has now as VP, not to mention the willing ownership, facilities, and rabid fan base?

Ok, I hope your right. Changes are coming I5 the Sherman situation has gotten outta control.
obiken
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:41 pm

Shocker, you're down on Seattle? What's new?
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:12 am

obiken wrote:Now a tidbit for Human, I have a really bad feeling about the next couple of years. Dallas will win next year period, barring injury. Oakland is getting way better, GB will shore up, etc etc. I just don't see Pete either sticking around or improving this team. MAN DO I HOPE I AM wrong. Lets be honest outside of Human who I do like more than he likes me, who going to say that our OL will get better next year. I think its Pete to LA, I love what he did for us, but I think he is gone. No Loyalty there.

We'll see about Dallas. They haven't even won a playoff game yet. Same with the Raiders. IMO the sleeper this season is Kansas City, and they're the team I'll be rooting for if we get bounced.

I do agree with you that these past two years haven't felt like the previous three. By December in those years, I was extremely confident that we had the best team in the conference if not the league. My confidence level has waned quite a bit this season as it did last. But we'll see. I'm letting this season play out before I go off on anymore rants.

I don't think Pete is going anywhere and that the only way that he's not our head coach through 2019 is if he decides to retire. LA isn't the shiny new coin it looked like 6 months ago.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:31 am

I'm kinda baffled by all the Dallas fanboyism all the sudden, it's like folks just can't wait for them to be the dominant team in the NFL, whether they're cowboy fans or not. For myself, they don't get to lose the 'choker' label till they've earned their way out of it.

As for our O-line, I'll say it'll be better next year than it is this year:

1- we really do have the youngest line in the league and I honestly feel like our inside three can develop into a very solid group if given the chance to grow with each other

2- I think this year has been a bit of a lesson learned for Pete and John about where to, and more importantly, where not to save money on the roster, and

3- worse is really not an option, or much of a possibility

Pete will be here till he retires, and as long as he is here, I'll believe in his ability to make the team better. We all knew (or should have known) that there would be an adjustment period when all of our young superstars were in their second contracts and we were no longer able spend nearly as much money on the bottom two thirds of the roster ... this has been that adjustment period. No time to jump ship now just as the new dynamic is finally being learned and those adjustments are being made.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby depaashaas » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:18 pm

obiken wrote:Now a tidbit for Human, I have a really bad feeling about the next couple of years. Dallas will win next year period, barring injury. Oakland is getting way better, GB will shore up, etc etc. I just don't see Pete either sticking around or improving this team. MAN DO I HOPE I AM wrong. Lets be honest outside of Human who I do like more than he likes me, who going to say that our OL will get better next year. I think its Pete to LA, I love what he did for us, but I think he is gone. No Loyalty there.

So you think Pete will not stay here and improve this team (and really it don't need much) but he will go down to LA to work and try to turn that $h1t bucket they have down there into a NFL team? I would not put it past Pete but I think he will stay with Wilson instead of starting another 3-4 years of rebuild. And if Pete really wants to go to LA he should, no good will come from forcing a coach to be somewhere he don't want to be. I think it's to early to judge on the current team if you would let me change me 4 plays all season Hawks would be 13-3. I think why most people (including me) are bit down on them is that we had so high expectations and 10-5-1 is not bad but does not fit with high expectations.
depaashaas
Legacy

Postby Agent 86 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:15 am

Wow, just wow...so glad I am not a fan who thinks this way.....ever.

Obi, cmon man, if you stick with this thought process, you will never truly enjoy the wins, you will just constantly look for the holes. We all like to complain a bit, but not to the point of not believing. As a fan, that homerism, blind faith, belief is what gets you through the tough times. These aren't even tough times, we are in the playoffs.

I get it, the previous 4 years are the first times Seahawks fans haven't had to rely on blind faith or homerism. We were a truly dominant team.

This year, I think we have come back to the pack a bit, but no reason not to believe they still can't make a run here. We have Russell freakin Wilson as our QB. That alone should give you goose bumps about being in the playoffs.

I can't wait for tomorrow night. Could be the beginning of a magical run.

I know I can't change how you feel, I just wish a dedicated Hawks fan like yourself could see things differently and appreciate these good times. They are passing you by without a true enjoyment.
Agent 86
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:20 am

c_hawkbob wrote:I'm kinda baffled by all the Dallas fanboyism all the sudden, it's like folks just can't wait for them to be the dominant team in the NFL, whether they're cowboy fans or not. For myself, they don't get to lose the 'choker' label till they've earned their way out of it.

As for our O-line, I'll say it'll be better next year than it is this year:

1- we really do have the youngest line in the league and I honestly feel like our inside three can develop into a very solid group if given the chance to grow with each other

2- I think this year has been a bit of a lesson learned for Pete and John about where to, and more importantly, where not to save money on the roster, and

3- worse is really not an option, or much of a possibility

Pete will be here till he retires, and as long as he is here, I'll believe in his ability to make the team better. We all knew (or should have known) that there would be an adjustment period when all of our young superstars were in their second contracts and we were no longer able spend nearly as much money on the bottom two thirds of the roster ... this has been that adjustment period. No time to jump ship now just as the new dynamic is finally being learned and those adjustments are being made.

It's the newest disease.... Chronic Rambloitis...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:25 am

Wow, just wow...so glad I am not a fan who thinks this way.....ever.

Obi, cmon man, if you stick with this thought process, you will never truly enjoy the wins, you will just constantly look for the holes. We all like to complain a bit, but not to the point of not believing. As a fan, that homerism, blind faith, belief is what gets you through the tough times. These aren't even tough times, we are in the playoffs.

I get it, the previous 4 years are the first times Seahawks fans haven't had to rely on blind faith or homerism. We were a truly dominant team.

This year, I think we have come back to the pack a bit, but no reason not to believe they still can't make a run here. We have Russell freakin Wilson as our QB. That alone should give you goose bumps about being in the playoffs.

I can't wait for tomorrow night. Could be the beginning of a magical run.

I know I can't change how you feel, I just wish a dedicated Hawks fan like yourself could see things differently and appreciate these good times. They are passing you by without a true enjoyment.

OK 86, I can see your point maybe this thread was started too early. Come on, we played well today, but not only was it the Lions it was Stafford with a broken middle finger on his throwing hand. IF we beat the Falcons in Atlanta, no matter how, yeah we achieved!
obiken
Legacy

Postby Agent 86 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:09 am

obiken wrote:OK 86, I can see your point maybe this thread was started too early. Come on, we played well today, but not only was it the Lions it was Stafford with a broken middle finger on his throwing hand. IF we beat the Falcons in Atlanta, no matter how, yeah we achieved!

Alright Obi, I'll settle for your somewhat more positive outlook, even though you still didn't really give huge props to the Hawks win last night...lol..

I get it, and I agree, it was the Lions, and it was Stafford playing severely handicapped last night with that finger. The Falcons are going to be an entirely different beast. I would have been so disappointed had the 'Hawks lost last night, at home, to that Lions team. Hawks played well, but the Offense as a whole left a little to be desired there in the 1st half.

I really think we can go in and beat the Falcons if the run game can be similar to last night. The Falcons were only 1 spot better in the rankings of rush yards given up per game than the Lions, so it can be done. Lots of key factors upcoming, but our rush game is #1 in my opinion in order to have some long sustained drives to keep their Offense off the field and our Defense rested.
Agent 86
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:56 pm

I agree 86, the problem for me and I am being honest not a downer, going to GB and playing for what has been for us Lambast field, is a problem. Going to Dallas, I think is worse. EE runs all over us. IF we get past the Falcons, pick your poison. I guess you take them one game at a time.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:19 pm

obiken wrote:I agree 86, the problem for me and I am being honest not a downer, going to GB and playing for what has been for us Lambast field, is a problem. Going to Dallas, I think is worse. EE runs all over us. IF we get past the Falcons, pick your poison. I guess you take them one game at a time.

We have the 3 seed, which means that if we beat Atlanta and the Packers beat the Cowboys...which I think is not only possible, but likely...then the NFCCG will be in Seattle, not Lambast Field.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:37 am

We have the 3 seed, which means that if we beat Atlanta and the Packers beat the Cowboys...which I think is not only possible, but likely...then the NFCCG will be in Seattle, not Lambast Field.

Wow thanks Riv! That Tie could be huge huh?!!
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:53 am

obiken wrote:Wow thanks Riv! That Tie could be huge huh?!!

It depends on how you look at it. If we would have won that game, we would have finished at 11-5, same record as Atlanta, and being that we beat them in the regular season, we would have had the 2 seed had it not been for the tie.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:49 am

The Arizona loss was a disgusting inexplicable failure by the Hawks that indeed cost them the 2 seed. That one stung us bad. had we won it would be the giants or falcons here this weekend. I'm still confident this team can get it done if the cards fall.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:40 pm

Whether it's bravado or not, I like hearing Pete say it doesn't matter who or where we play (since he knows it won't be in frigid Green Bay now, haha). But really, that's the Seahawks way with Pete...you don't compete against the other team, you compete against yourself to play the game the best it's ever been played. That is literally the philosophy he outlined at the very beginning, and injuries and contracts aside, that is still what powers this team.

If we can show that we can run the ball against Atlanta, I think it's going to be long day for the Falcons.
I-5
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:47 pm

I-5 wrote:Whether it's bravado or not, I like hearing Pete say it doesn't matter who or where we play (since he knows it won't be in frigid Green Bay now, haha). But really, that's the Seahawks way with Pete...you don't compete against the other team, you compete against yourself to play the game the best it's ever been played. That is literally the philosophy he outlined at the very beginning, and injuries and contracts aside, that is still what powers this team.

If we can show that we can run the ball against Atlanta, I think it's going to be long day for the Falcons.

I would be willing to bet that if the truth were to be known, that Pete, like the rest of us, understands that we have a much higher chance of winning if we are playing at home vs. the road.

But I agree wholeheartedly with you about our ability to run the ball being the key to the game for us. Gezus, I sure hope that the Thomas Rawls we saw last Saturday is the one that shows up this Saturday.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum