Official Seahawks vs Cardinals Christmas Eve GAME Thread

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Official Seahawks vs Cardinals Christmas Eve GAME Thread

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:52 am

As for me all you need to know is I am your better and aways will be.

ROTFLMFAO

As for the rest of it, it isn't worthy of a response. You haven't improved, you haven't grown up. Any tool can post stats, or make excuses, and Anthony you continue to be the tooliest of them all, but at least you're really, really good at it.

Now get back to bleeting lamb.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:10 am

I am not going to pretend this line is great RD, but I will continue to refuse to place all blame on them as most want to do. It simply isn't accurate or true. That said, I DID say they didn't play well, the only disagreement we seem to have is again the evaluation of what denotes their fault, and when the fault lays elsewhere IMO and yours.

This season has been difficult to stomach, for lots of reasons, and the line isn't close to the only one. Wilson's inaccuracy deep has been IMHO a MAJOR component in that, Rawls inability to not only stay healthy, but run the ball remotely effectively when healthy certainly is a major component ( hell dance, dance fumble looked drastically like the better back, behind the same line AGAIN. Joining Micheal, Procise as backs that have done so in the SAME games). Without any semblance of a run game, it leaves Wilson in trouble.

This game in particular, St. Louis brought extra rushers on about 75℅ of Seattle's pass defense, expecting a clean pocket on those, lies at the feet of the QB or Coordinator, not the line. You counteract that with hot routes, short passes, draws, miss direction, and screens, Seattle certainly didn't use that stuff very much, for whatever reason ( either calls that Wilson didn't check out of, or poor reads, or decisions to hold the ball for longer gains) either way, IMHO a blitz is designed for one thing and one thing only, to pressure the QB, and there IS a reason teams do not run them that often regularly, that being that eventually they are going to get torched, because the QB will beat it. That didn't happen ( and hasn't happened this year).

I don't put much stock in the tried and true QB "trust" claim, as IMO great QBs tend to still find a way, this season ( and this season only) Wilson HASN'T done that. It's simply the truth. Every QB has bad years, and this IMHO IS a bad Wilson year.
Last edited by HumanCockroach on Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:10 am

HumanCockroach wrote:"As for me all you need to know is I am your better and aways will be.

ROTFLMFAO

As for the rest of it, it isn't worthy of a response. You haven't improved, you haven't grown up. Any tool can post stats, or make excuses, and Anthony you continue to be the tooliest of them all, but at least you're really, really good at it.

Did he actually say that?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:13 am

Of course he did. He's the "neener, neener, neener" mature kind of debater. It's what he does after all. That and again call me some guy I don't remember or haven't read. It's his sticht.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:26 am

PC blamed the loss on the first half. He said he was impressed by the effort at the end but overall just not good football. He looked pretty bummed.
As for the run blocking it's tough for a young line to be getting rocked trying to pass block over and over and then throw in a run now and again. It isn't just backs getting warmed up with more reps

And let's recognize Rawls isn't the same. He's missing the quickness and decisiveness he had last year , the receiving skills too. c Michaels is looking pretty good about now
Getting back Prosise is critical now.
It's still all there for them. I'll bury them when they are behind and it hits 00:00 in the playoffs . Not before
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:36 am

As I said before, the only thing that we need to figure out is our deep pass defense. The rest of that game the issues we had shouldn't be too hard to clean up (the special teams and fumble to start the game). Our OL is what it is. It's something we can still work with. Anyone else notice how much quicker Wilson was in getting the ball out the 2nd half?
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:45 am

Much of the deep damage was done with kam out. The Hawks may need to rethink their strategy with Terrell out there. He's lost. Lots of those deep balls earl would be in the play. I think they need to be more aggressive with linebacker and maybe even safety blitzes. It's risky but watching a veteran in a clean pocket dissecting the secondary is ridiculous.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:19 am

EmeraldBullet wrote:As I said before, the only thing that we need to figure out is our deep pass defense. The rest of that game the issues we had shouldn't be too hard to clean up (the special teams and fumble to start the game). Our OL is what it is. It's something we can still work with. Anyone else notice how much quicker Wilson was in getting the ball out the 2nd half?

Normally I agree with you, Em, but you're being pretty simplistic. For example, we gave up one big passing play because we had to stack the box with 9 because we were having trouble stopping David Johnson,leaving Sherman one-on-one with a faster, quicker receiver, not his long suit. We've had streaks where we didn't get any up front pressure, going two straight games w/o a sack and a 3rd game where we collected just one in garbage time...against a clearly lame Aaron Rodgers. There's more problems with our D than our deep pass defense.

I, indeed, noticed how much quicker Russell was getting the ball out in the 2nd half. He had to. 5 sacks and 10 hits in the first half and just 3 points after a turnover in the red zone, we had to do something different. Our O-line is so porous that we can't afford him taking a conventional 5 or 7 step drop. Plus we're having to keep our tight ends in to augment the blocking, which is one of the reasons why Jimmy Graham was almost non existent.

I feel sorry for Darrell Bevell. This impotent offensive line really limits his playbook, yet he's taking a lot of heat from virtually everyone, even Richard Sherman.
Last edited by RiverDog on Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:25 am

Hawktawk wrote:PC blamed the loss on the first half. He said he was impressed by the effort at the end but overall just not good football. He looked pretty bummed.
As for the run blocking it's tough for a young line to be getting rocked trying to pass block over and over and then throw in a run now and again. It isn't just backs getting warmed up with more reps

And let's recognize Rawls isn't the same. He's missing the quickness and decisiveness he had last year , the receiving skills too. c Michaels is looking pretty good about now
Getting back Prosise is critical now.
It's still all there for them. I'll bury them when they are behind and it hits 00:00 in the playoffs . Not before

I agree with Pete. The first half was simply horrid, at least offensively. That's where we lost the game.

Rawls looked great in a couple of games, particularly the Panthers game, but he's not built for the long haul. I agree with you and HC, he has the look of a one hit wonder. But you can have Christine Michael. I got tired of his brain farts. I'm not sure if Prosise is the answer, either. Time to start looking somewhere else.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:34 am

Yeah Rd I had the thought. Rawls 2 injuries to his legs cost him some explosion. Prosise is incredibly versatile and pretty good sized but has been hurt. It may be time to look at a draft pick or free agent but there aren't any beast mode free agents out there.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:58 am

Our O-line is so porous that we can't afford him taking a conventional 5 or 7 step drop. Plus we're having to keep our tight ends in to augment the blocking, which is one of the reasons why Jimmy Graham was almost non existent

Don't need a five or seven step drop when your lined up in a shot gun formation, you ALREADY have a five or seven step drop, you also don't need a lot of time to deliver a ball accurately on swing passes to backs, quick slants, and bubble screens, something Wilson couldn't seem to do yesterday. Even in the fourth quarter, throwing behind, high and at players feet. You can spend forever blaming the line for protection and STILL can't mitigate out that when you're in the shotgun and the defense is bringing seven or even eight it's the QBs job to SEE it and get rid of the ball quickly to an open receiver accurately so they can run with it.

Whether Bevel is calling slow developing routes or not is irrelevant to the decision to hold that ball waiting for those routes to develop. Wilson does it, has admitted to doing it, and did so again yesterday. Doesn't really matter that you and others refuse to acknowledge it, the man himself does, his coaches do, and some of us fans can see it for what it is.

Doesn't mean I want him to completely change his game, but ultimately it's a step he HAS to take eventually.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:44 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Don't need a five or seven step drop when your lined up in a shot gun formation, you ALREADY have a five or seven step drop, you also don't need a lot of time to deliver a ball accurately on swing passes to backs, quick slants, and bubble screens, something Wilson couldn't seem to do yesterday. Even in the fourth quarter, throwing behind, high and at players feet. You can spend forever blaming the line for protection and STILL can't mitigate out that when you're in the shotgun and the defense is bringing seven or even eight it's the QBs job to SEE it and get rid of the ball quickly to an open receiver accurately so they can run with it.

Whether Bevel is calling slow developing routes or not is irrelevant to the decision to hold that ball waiting for those routes to develop. Wilson does it, has admitted to doing it, and did so again yesterday. Doesn't really matter that you and others refuse to acknowledge it, the man himself does, his coaches do, and some of us fans can see it for what it is.

Doesn't mean I want him to completely change his game, but ultimately it's a step he HAS to take eventually.

You do realize that as it was, Russell completed over 64% of his passes, don't you? And you do realize that his completion percentage yesterday was almost exactly what it's been over the his entire career, don't you? If he did as you say he should have and completed just 5 more passes on those swings, quick slants, and bubble screens as you say he should have, he'd have completed over 75%. IMO that's an unreasonable expectation for any NFL quarterback, especially given that a number of those incompletions were throw aways avoiding sacks and that he was doing it without the benefit of a solid running attack like he's had in his previous 4 seasons.

I'm the first to admit that there were a number of things that Russell could have done better and has done better in the past, particularly his accuracy on passes going away from him. I am by no means in the Anthony camp that claims that Russell is completely infallible and never makes a mistake or bears any responsibility for any team loss.

But he played a far, far better game than you're giving him credit for, and I think it's due to your trying to rationalize your "vastly improved" offensive line claim that has been clearly debunked. You're grasping for straws, all because you can't admit when you're wrong.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:58 pm

savvyman wrote:Thanks Hawktawk.

Being a starting NFL QB for a team on the Path to reaching the Super Bowl is a full time job for sure.

Building and running a Brand Empire is also a full time job.

Making sure that a Diva like his new wife has the attention that she would demand is also a full time job.

Now trying to do all three at the same time? This would mentally sap anyone...... Including both Superman and Russell Wilson - and might help to explain why Russell has not been as sharp as he has been in prior seasons.

Merry Christmas!

Been several months since I looked at Russell's Twitter account.

But as I was saying above... Two Nights before the Big Game......

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOWXxl5DRNe/
savvyman
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:14 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:
ROTFLMFAO

I know the truth hurts, LOL denial is more than a river in Egypt. but since its Xmas I will simply say happy holiday!!!
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:18 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:I am not going to pretend this line is great RD, but I will continue to refuse to place all blame on them as most want to do. It simply isn't accurate or true. That said, I DID say they didn't play well, the only disagreement we seem to have is again the evaluation of what denotes their fault, and when the fault lays elsewhere IMO and yours.

This season has been difficult to stomach, for lots of reasons, and the line isn't close to the only one. Wilson's inaccuracy deep has been IMHO a MAJOR component in that, Rawls inability to not only stay healthy, but run the ball remotely effectively when healthy certainly is a major component ( hell dance, dance fumble looked drastically like the better back, behind the same line AGAIN. Joining Micheal, Procise as backs that have done so in the SAME games). Without any semblance of a run game, it leaves Wilson in trouble.

This game in particular, St. Louis brought extra rushers on about 75℅ of Seattle's pass defense, expecting a clean pocket on those, lies at the feet of the QB or Coordinator, not the line. You counteract that with hot routes, short passes, draws, miss direction, and screens, Seattle certainly didn't use that stuff very much, for whatever reason ( either calls that Wilson didn't check out of, or poor reads, or decisions to hold the ball for longer gains) either way, IMHO a blitz is designed for one thing and one thing only, to pressure the QB, and there IS a reason teams do not run them that often regularly, that being that eventually they are going to get torched, because the QB will beat it. That didn't happen ( and hasn't happened this year).

I don't put much stock in the tried and true QB "trust" claim, as IMO great QBs tend to still find a way, this season ( and this season only) Wilson HASN'T done that. It's simply the truth. Every QB has bad years, and this IMHO IS a bad Wilson year.

the facts clearly show Wilson was not the problem yesterday but please keep pushing your false, factless agenda.
LO of course not, nice post Jacknut all wrong and false but nice post, great fictional story 2 thumbs up. once again Wilson has us in position to win with but a bad stand by the defense and bad ST play. So take that as your lump of coal and enjoy being wring again.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:21 pm

RiverDog wrote:
Did he actually say that?

LOL yes lets see what I said and ignore what he said, you two are pees in a pod, the 2 with the biggest mouths who monopolize this forum and gang up when someone dares tp oppose you to strongly. LOL to bad at least one of you I think is a decent guy the other, well delusional might also be okay. LOL at least you guys are funny the only reason I came back was I needed a laugh and you 2 always provide it LOL
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:22 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Of course he did. He's the "neener, neener, neener" mature kind of debater. It's what he does after all. That and again call me some guy I don't remember or haven't read. It's his sticht.

LOL says the man who started the whole thing, way6 to ignore the facts and truth again. talk about a gelding.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:22 pm

We looked like absolute sh*t in all three phases, but the D has greatest responsibility for this loss, getting 34 hung on them by a team playing out the string, including getting the ball shoved up their @ss on a couple of 'length of the field' drives that looked like an NFL team facing middle schoolers.

Between all the off-the-field BS going on all season and players feeling comfortable in, and compelled to, going ape-sh*t on each other and the coaching staff on the sidelines, this looks like a team in disarray.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:23 pm

EmeraldBullet wrote:As I said before, the only thing that we need to figure out is our deep pass defense. The rest of that game the issues we had shouldn't be too hard to clean up (the special teams and fumble to start the game). Our OL is what it is. It's something we can still work with. Anyone else notice how much quicker Wilson was in getting the ball out the 2nd half?

Yes that is because they started calling quicker pass plays in the 2nd half.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:25 pm

RiverDog wrote: but you're being pretty simplistic. For example, we gave up one big passing play because we had to stack the box with 9 because we were having trouble stopping David Johnson,leaving Sherman one-on-one with a faster, quicker receiver, not his long suit. We've had streaks where we didn't get any up front pressure, going two straight games w/o a sack and a 3rd game where we collected just one in garbage time...against a clearly lame Aaron Rodgers. There's more problems with our D than our deep pass defense.

I, indeed, noticed how much quicker Russell was getting the ball out in the 2nd half. He had to. 5 sacks and 10 hits in the first half and just 3 points after a turnover in the red zone, we had to do something different. Our O-line is so porous that we can't afford him taking a conventional 5 or 7 step drop. Plus we're having to keep our tight ends in to augment the blocking, which is one of the reasons why Jimmy Graham was almost non existent.

I feel sorry for Darrell Bevell. This impotent offensive line really limits his playbook, yet he's taking a lot of heat from virtually everyone, even Richard Sherman.

Hmm wow its xmas I agree with you, miracles do happen LOL
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:27 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:
Don't need a five or seven step drop when your lined up in a shot gun formation, you ALREADY have a five or seven step drop, you also don't need a lot of time to deliver a ball accurately on swing passes to backs, quick slants, and bubble screens, something Wilson couldn't seem to do yesterday. Even in the fourth quarter, throwing behind, high and at players feet. You can spend forever blaming the line for protection and STILL can't mitigate out that when you're in the shotgun and the defense is bringing seven or even eight it's the QBs job to SEE it and get rid of the ball quickly to an open receiver accurately so they can run with it.

LOL more lies from jacknut, its always Wilsons fault, he could go 40-40 and 5 tds and all he would say is how one pass was 1 inch to low. Pathetic but hey thats what geldings do, lie. Yes don't hold the ball and let the plays develop throw it before the play is actually there so it can be incomplete or INT LOL do you even read the BS you write. oh well merry xmas gelding.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:37 pm

RiverDog wrote:
You do realize that as it was, Russell completed over 64% of his passes, don't you? And you do realize that his completion percentage yesterday was almost exactly what it's been over the his entire career, don't you? If he did as you say he should have and completed just 5 more passes on those swings, quick slants, and bubble screens as you say he should have, he'd have completed over 75%. IMO that's an unreasonable expectation for any NFL quarterback, especially given that a number of those incompletions were throw aways avoiding sacks and that he was doing it without the benefit of a solid running attack like he's had in his previous 4 seasons.

I'm the first to admit that there were a number of things that Russell could have done better and has done better in the past, particularly his accuracy on passes going away from him. I am by no means in the Anthony camp that claims that Russell is completely infallible and never makes a mistake or bears any responsibility for any team loss.

But he played a far, far better game than you're giving him credit for, and I think it's due to your trying to rationalize your "vastly improved" offensive line claim that has been clearly debunked. You're grasping for straws, all because you can't admit when you're wrong.

Agree with most of what you said, except me saying Wilson was infallible if you even bothered to read some of my posts in the past I have pointed out were I believe he made a mistake. I am just not in jacknut jr camp were Wilson does next to nothing right. Even yesterday I thought there was a pass or 2 he threw a little high, if it was lower we might have gotten more YAC. The difference I do not sit there with a pen like your boy and try to find any and everything little thing to blame on Wilson. The rest of what you say I agree with but doubt he will ever admit he is wrong.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:42 pm

savvyman wrote:

Been several months since I looked at Russell's Twitter account.

But as I was saying above... Two Nights before the Big Game......

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOWXxl5DRNe/

Okay so, he had a date night with his wife, I would venture every married player does. Guess what eh is still the first in and first out. As I said and the announce team has said, as Moon has said and pretty much anyone who actually knows football, the amount of hits, sacks, and pressures he has gotten is what I wearing him down combined with the injuries. I mean how many years of being one of the most sacked, and hit QBs in the NFL do you think anyone can take. add to that the injuries this year, which even the announcers said he is still not 100% recovered from. FYI it sure did not impact his game despite what some want to have you believe he had a really good game, and had us in position to win.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:58 pm

Anthony wrote:Agree with most of what you said, except me saying Wilson was infallible if you even bothered to read some of my posts in the past I have pointed out were I believe he made a mistake. I am just not in jacknut jr camp were Wilson does next to nothing right. Even yesterday I thought there was a pass or 2 he threw a little high, if it was lower we might have gotten more YAC. The difference I do not sit there with a pen like your boy and try to find any and everything little thing to blame on Wilson. The rest of what you say I agree with but doubt he will ever admit he is wrong.

So you deny having said that Russell had ZERO responsibility for the SB 49 pick? If you want HC to admit that he's wrong about something, then you need to start by admitting to your own mistakes or miscalculations. You're no less stubborn than he is.

IMO you're letting guys like Jacknut and HC get into your head. This is just an internet forum, and we're all here to have a little bit of fun, which includes some good natured trash talking. HC has taken many more shots at me than he ever has you, even before you bailed, and it honestly rolls off my back like water off a duck. I'm very comfortable with who I am.

But welcome back, anyway. Hope you stick around this time.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:41 pm

RiverDog wrote:
So you deny having said that Russell had ZERO responsibility for the SB 49 pick? If you want HC to admit that he's wrong about something, then you need to start by admitting to your own mistakes or miscalculations. You're no less stubborn than he is.

IMO you're letting guys like Jacknut and HC get into your head. This is just an internet forum, and we're all here to have a little bit of fun, which includes some good natured trash talking. HC has taken many more shots at me than he ever has you, even before you bailed, and it honestly rolls off my back like water off a duck. I'm very comfortable with who I am.

But welcome back, anyway. Hope you stick around this time.

I did not deny anything, I chose not to address it has it is oh maybe 2 years old. But if you want to live in the past, truth be told I really do not remember but if you say so I will say ok I said it. He threw it that is his responsibility. He did not call it, he did not use the #5 WR on it, he did not alligator arm it, and he did not tip toe into the route, he did not miss the jam on the DB. He threw the ball on a timing router were the Wr was suppose to be like he is suppose to do. He ran the play the way his OC called it. Now if you want to say he should have changed it, or seen the DB jumping it and throw it into the ground or away fine I guess, hard to do in a timing route but okay. I just have a hard time blaming the QB in that situation, given the limitations placed on him, and even if I did he would be way far down on the list which would start with the OC for calling that stupid a$$ play. Why in the heck would you call a timing route into the teeth of the defense with our #5 Wr. Why wouldn't you role out and give your QB who can run the option of passing, throwing it away or running it. Why would you use a smaller Wr to block a bigger QB when you have a bigger WR on the bench. Why lock the most dangeruss QB in the league into a must throw timing route. Why did you supposed topo defense give up a 10 point lead with 9 minutes to go. All those things are way higher on my list than our QB throwing a timing route to the spot were the Wr is suppose to be and it getting Int because the Wr was not there, or alligator armed it, or was slow coming out of his break etc etc.

As to the advice thanks it does make some sense have a good one
Anthony
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:54 pm

Anthony wrote:I did not deny anything, I chose not to address it has it is oh maybe 2 years old. But if you want to live in the past, truth be told I really do not remember but if you say so I will say ok I said it. He threw it that is his responsibility. He did not call it, he did not use the #5 WR on it, he did not alligator arm it, and he did not tip toe into the route, he did not miss the jam on the DB. He threw the ball on a timing router were the Wr was suppose to be like he is suppose to do. He ran the play the way his OC called it. Now if you want to say he should have changed it, or seen the DB jumping it and throw it into the ground or away fine I guess, hard to do in a timing route but okay. I just have a hard time blaming the QB in that situation, given the limitations placed on him, and even if I did he would be way far down on the list which would start with the OC for calling that stupid play. Why in the heck would you call a timing route into the teeth of the defense with our #5 Wr. Why wouldn't you role out and give your QB who can run the option of passing, throwing it away or running it. Why would you use a smaller Wr to block a bigger QB when you have a bigger WR on the bench. Why lock the most dangeruss QB in the league into a must throw timing route. Why did you supposed topo defense give up a 10 point lead with 9 minutes to go. All those things are way higher on my list than our QB throwing a timing route to the spot were the Wr is suppose to be and it getting Int because the Wr was not there, or alligator armed it, or was slow coming out of his break etc etc.

As to the advice thanks it does make some sense have a good one

I am not going to relive that nearly two year old play, but I will respond to your comments by simply quoting what Brock Huard said about it: "If the coaching staff sends in a skunk, it's the quarterback's job to keep it from stinking."
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:13 pm

RiverDog wrote:
I am not going to relive that nearly two year old play, but I will respond to your comments by simply quoting what Brock Huard said about it: "If the coaching staff sends in a skunk, it's the quarterback's job to keep it from stinking."

Don't disagree but sometimes a QB cant do that, sometimes the play is just that bad. Years ago when Hasselbeck said the "We ant the ball and we are going to score" and then through the INT most did not blame Hass they blamed the Wr for not coming back and they were mostly right. IN this case not only was the play call bad but he Wrs involved did not do their jobs. It may be their job to make it not stink but sometimes there is nothing you can do about it. FYI I believe the quote was actually to try to keep it form stinking, as I said sometimes it is out of the QBs hands. Under your premise and his the OC makes no mistakes just the QB cannot mask them which we all know is BS. That said enough with that you don't call a pass play into the heart of the defense with your #5 wr on a timing route period.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:01 pm

I've watched that play a lot more times than most. I had to do a sports talk show the Monday after the game . I blame everyone but Russ did a lot more things wrong than he usually gets credit for when it's brought up. Blame is on personell grouping , play selection, clock management etc. all true .

But Russ did nothing right on the play either. He glanced at the formation directly before the snap, locked onto the one read and threw a soft high ball out in front where lockette had to stretch for it giving butler a chance at it .

When Russ glanced right Butler broke over the top from 8 yards off before the snap but Wilson admitted he never saw him.

If Russ zaps the ball in lower and on the numbers it's either a Td or pass interference on Butler. If he doesn't tip off the play with his eyes butler may never have been in the play.
Wilson took the blame and as a qb he should have. He threw it away. Any pick that isn't a tipped ball or qb being hit, receiver falling etc is on the qb period.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:42 pm

Hawktawk wrote:I've watched that play a lot more times than most. I had to do a sports talk show the Monday after the game . I blame everyone but Russ did a lot more things wrong than he usually gets credit for when it's brought up. Blame is on personell grouping , play selection, clock management etc. all true .

But Russ did nothing right on the play either. He glanced at the formation directly before the snap, locked onto the one read and threw a soft high ball out in front where lockette had to stretch for it giving butler a chance at it .

When Russ glanced right Butler broke over the top from 8 yards off before the snap but Wilson admitted he never saw him.

If Russ zaps the ball in lower and on the numbers it's either a Td or pass interference on Butler. If he doesn't tip off the play with his eyes butler may never have been in the play.
Wilson took the blame and as a qb he should have. He threw it away. Any pick that isn't a tipped ball or qb being hit, receiver falling etc is on the qb period.

LOL of course it is LOL thanks for the laugh FYI Wilson glanced left before he came back right but lets not let the facts get in the way. Again thanks for the laughs
Anthony
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:02 pm

Anthony wrote:LOL of course it is LOL thanks for the laugh FYI Wilson glanced left before he came back right but lets not let the facts get in the way. Again thanks for the laughs

Earlier you admitted that Russell should have gotten some of the blame for that pick, something you never did before, and I congratulate you for finally coming to your senses. But since that admission, you dismissed everything Hawktalk noted, which was quite detailed, and essentially rejected any notion that he could have gotten out of that play, could have gone to an alternate receiver, could have thrown the pass better, basically absolved him of all those mistakes, specifically what was it he did or didn't do on that play that led you to say that he deserves some of the blame?

Now can you see why you were so roundly criticized and accused of having an obsession with RW?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:20 pm

That's a whole lot of bleeting.

Peace out, I simply could care less about Anthony's claims, nor am I going to absolve Wilson's accuracy problems yesterday. If you throw a ball at a receivers feet and he catches it falling down, that in my book isn't an accurate throw, if it's over his head and behind him while Baldwin's running the other way and he pulls it in, still not a good throw, truth is, the receivers pulled in 7 to 10 poorly thrown balls ( several of which would have been easy first downs, but instead came up short). I wonder what does that accuracy percentage look like if the receivers didn't bail him out repeatedly?

Even WITH a completion, please enlighten me what benefit it is to throw a bubble screen behind and high to a receiver if the throw gives him zero chance to gain the 4 yards necessary for the first down on third and four?

I look at the whole of the play, whether complete or not, not the fantasy football statistical analyst after the fact. If a receiver is running with a ten yard cushion for a clear TD, and a QB underthrows him making the receiver climb over two DBs to make an amazing catch, I personally don't applaud the throw. If you want to RD be my guest, I'm honestly not interested.

Out of curiosity Rd how does 22 of 45 strike your fancy on those accuracy numbers? 19 of 45? Those good for you? You're giving credit for being in the zip code, personally, I prefer my deliveries to at least be in the neighborhood.
Last edited by HumanCockroach on Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:25 pm

RiverDog wrote:
Earlier you admitted that Russell should have gotten some of the blame for that pick, something you never did before, and I congratulate you for finally coming to your senses. But since that admission, you dismissed everything Hawktalk noted, which was quite detailed, and essentially rejected any notion that he could have gotten out of that play, could have gone to an alternate receiver, could have thrown the pass better, basically absolved him of all those mistakes, specifically what was it he did or didn't do on that play that led you to say that he deserves some of the blame?

Now can you see why you were so roundly criticized and accused of having an obsession with RW?

did you even read what he wrote? he basically blamed Wilson for everything something that is false. Even Huard, Moon and most experts agreed alot went wrogn with that play. As to all he said that was his opinion I have looked at th eplay a lot also and cleerly see Wilson looking lefft befor ecoming back right to the ass, I clearly see Kearse not getting the pick, I clearly see Richardo not gcoming out of his break at full speed, I cleaerly see him slowing down adn aligator arming the catch attempt as did most of the experts. There is a differnce between some blame and all of it. As to me being criticized does not mean I am wrong. So I really am not worried about it
Anthony
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:44 pm

That is absolute horse shite. What I didn't do, was the tried and true blame the line for everything. There's an enormous difference toolshed.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:15 pm

You are truly hopelessly devoted to Wilson to the point of being blind Anthony. Assuming for a moment every other thing went wrong with the play where was the throw Anthony?

Where was it? It's a pitch and catch throw , not a timing route.

Russ threw it soft, high, and out in front, the only place it had any chance of being picked .
Can you deny that? Russ is heard on sound FX saying "where did he come from" ?about butler.

Should he know where the d back is when he throws the ball with the super bowl on the line ?Can you give me that much Anthony?
Probably not. Certainly not. Russ took the blame Anthony. It's more than you can do.

Lol indeed.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:46 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:That is absolute horse shite. What I didn't do, was the tried and true blame the line for everything. There's an enormous difference toolshed.

you are right what you say is horse shite
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:50 pm

Hawktawk wrote:You are truly hopelessly devoted to Wilson to the point of being blind Anthony. Assuming for a moment every other thing went wrong with the play where was the throw Anthony?

Where was it? It's a pitch and catch throw , not a timing route.

Russ threw it soft, high, and out in front, the only place it had any chance of being picked .
Can you deny that? Russ is heard on sound FX saying "where did he come from" ?about butler.

Should he know where the d back is when he throws the ball with the super bowl on the line ?Can you give me that much Anthony?
Probably not. Certainly not. Russ took the blame Anthony. It's more than you can do.

Lol indeed.

Sorry that woould be wrong there are plenty of places he could have thrown it were it could have been picked and again if the Wr does not tip toe off the line, then tip toe out of his break he catches it and its either a TD or down at the half yard line. Russ always takes the blame dude that is what leader does. That does not mean anything I have said it no true anbd since many experts said the same thing I am not alone. LOL Russ is the ultimate leader and team guy and you try to use that against him LOL pathetic
Last edited by Anthony on Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:30 pm

I'm using nothing against anyone. Jesus. The facts are what they are .

On a bad play call Russ put a cherry on top by floating the ball high and wide
Lockette is fully extended with his feet off the ground trying to get to the ball which is why he goes flying when butler picks it and crashes into him. Bad play call.Horrible execution . Bad read. Bad throw. Russ is the only guy that owned his blame.

Ill always credit him for that as well as much of our success the past 5 years but that's the worst ball he ever threw .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:00 pm

Hawktawk wrote:I'm using nothing against anyone. Jesus. The facts are what they are .

On a bad play call Russ put a cherry on top by floating the ball high and wide
Lockette is fully extended with his feet off the ground trying to get to the ball which is why he goes flying when butler picks it and crashes into him. Bad play call.Horrible execution . Bad read. Bad throw. Russ is the only guy that owned his blame.

Ill always credit him for that as well as much of our success the past 5 years but that's the worst ball he ever threw .

Dude you just said that Wilson said it was his fault and used that as a reason it was his fault. Sorry but that is what you did. Lockette was not fully extended till after the hit and again he tip toed into the route, tip toed out of his break and alligator armed it, he only look fully extended because he got hit. As to the rest you at entitled to your opinion but that is all it is your opinion the video shows differently, it shows a Wr who did not run his route correctly, another Wr who did not pick correctly and a QB throwing to post like you are suppose to on a timing route.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:41 pm

You cost yourself credibility when you contradict film Anthony . I have no idea wtf you are talking about with alligator arms but lockette (a) was full extended trying to reach a ball too far in front. (B )Ricardo lockette was one if the most fearless Seahawks ever who would never have gotten alligator arms in this or any other situation.the guy was the best gunner we ever had.

I've watched the bootleg film from the right flag in the back of the end zone. Browner not only welds kearse but gets a piece of lockettes jersey as he cuts inside slowing him down. It's on Russ to put that ball where only lockette could catch it or throw it away and he did not. Lockette is least responsible for what happened .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:00 pm

Anthony wrote:[did you even read what he wrote? he basically blamed Wilson for everything something that is false. Even Huard, Moon and most experts agreed alot went wrogn with that play. As to all he said that was his opinion I have looked at th eplay a lot also and cleerly see Wilson looking lefft befor ecoming back right to the ass, I clearly see Kearse not getting the pick, I clearly see Richardo not gcoming out of his break at full speed, I cleaerly see him slowing down adn aligator arming the catch attempt as did most of the experts. There is a differnce between some blame and all of it. As to me being criticized does not mean I am wrong. So I really am not worried about it

I've read all of HC's posts. Every one of them. He did not blame Wilson for "everything." His opinion on the SB 49 pick was essentially the same as most posters in this forum with one notable exception.

And would you please work a little bit on your grammar and organize your thoughts before you start keyboarding. Your posts are torturous to read. I'm not some sort of grammar police, but I'm used to a little more structured, organized thought being communicated on this forum than what you've been writing.

As far as you're being criticized here, you're right, it doesn't mean that you were wrong. What it means is that you hold a solitary opinion.
RiverDog
Legacy

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks Forum