Geno in review

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Geno in review

Postby c_hawkbob » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:31 am

Geno just named NFC offensive player of the week . Right on Geno.

I quite agree, right on Geno! Whatever else happens going forward you earned this and it's good that you're being recognized for it.

If he get's us to the playoffs I'll join in calling for an extension before the end of the season. Otherwise I'm good letting things play out.

This week will be a good test; the Saints are 5th in completion % against and 2nd in TD % against. He does well there I'll be much more impressed.
Last edited by c_hawkbob on Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:46 am

I hope his contract has a bonus clause for such an award.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:59 am

NorthHawk wrote:I hope his contract has a bonus clause for such an award.

He’s got to be hitting a few of his incentives but if the guy took us all the way he’s making 7 million max . I saw where an analyst called him “ the best bang for the buck in the league “. I have rooted for Pete and John to make this work whether Geno or Lock won out in the era of 50 million a year and hundreds of millions guaranteed money for the position . It still pales in comparison to Russ winning a Championship on his rookie deal but most would say for all the issues Seattle has the qb has been the least of them. I’ve been on board since thr 98 yard drive 1 year ago but I’m surprised . Let’s see what happens with the saints before we get too excited .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:50 am

I wonder where the expert Mike Sando has Geno now ? Still #36 in a 32 team league ? How about Russ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:04 pm

16-25 for 268, 3 TDs , no picks , another 130 plus QBR. My negatives were a couple balls he threw that could have been intercepted , one to Dissley the guy jumped and on the 2 point . The sack on the last drive was bad but I’d have to watch the film . If nobody’s open and it blows up sometimes you just gotta eat it . But some great throws . My kid texted that without a phantom hold on cross and a DK drop Geno has 5 TDs and pushing 400 yards . But if if if. The guy hasn’t been lucky at all and still putting up great numbers . Is there anyone in the forum who still believes he’s not proven himself to be a competent starter in the league ?
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:29 pm

Y'all need to learn the difference between QBR and Passer Rating, nobody has ever had a 130 QBR! The QBR scale is 0 to 100.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:28 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Y'all need to learn the difference between QBR and Passer Rating, nobody has ever had a 130 QBR! The QBR scale is 0 to 100.

Gotcha . My bad . I imagine the total qbr was also top ten minimum . Sign him up .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:30 pm

That wasn’t my question . Is Geno Smith starter material or not ?easy question
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:57 pm

Hawktawk wrote:That wasn’t my question . Is Geno Smith starter material or not ?easy question

That's a 'Y' for me.
I-5
Legacy

Postby Stream Hawk » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:08 pm

Geno you know was extremely legit today (those td dimes, omg) - until the game was on the line. I see a pattern. It’s a legit pattern and our defense always calls for a comeback.

Side note. I am becoming way more concerned with Pete Carroll and the fact that he has shitty defenses for three or four consecutive years now. Probably more than that.
Stream Hawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:27 pm

Stream Hawk wrote:Geno you know was extremely legit today (those td dimes, omg) - until the game was on the line. I see a pattern. It’s a legit pattern and our defense always calls for a comeback.

Side note. I am becoming way more concerned with Pete Carroll and the fact that he has shitty defenses for three or four consecutive years now. Probably more than that.

This is historic . I think the combo of new guys and new scheme and too many guys with a hanging vag it’s been a complete cluster
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:33 pm

I think even if we draft a QB in the early rounds next year, if i'm the Seahawks I would try to sign Geno to at least another 1-2 years during the season before his price goes up next year. It's the exception for a rookie to be thrown on the fire and expect him to make an immediate impact, so I'd be comfortable with Geno being the starter at least another year. Even with some of the bad sacks today which he needs to learn from, he's proven he has the maturity and skill.
I-5
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:05 pm

If Geno can finish the year strong, he'll allow us to rebuild the defense and give us time to find a QB. Might even make it easier to extend these two tackles too.

These two tackles are fricking unbelievable. I don't think I've ever seen two rookie tackles perform like this out of the gate.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:20 pm

I’m sure Geno’s price is going up by the game (unless he struggles), so I’d try to extend him before the end of the season. You know what you can expect from him now.
I-5
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:58 am

I-5 wrote:I’m sure Geno’s price is going up by the game (unless he struggles), so I’d try to extend him before the end of the season. You know what you can expect from him now.

Genos agent is laughing all the way to the bank . Whether Seattle steps up or not Geno will have a shot to start somewhere assuming he doesn’t fall off a cliff . But we have 8 games and one quarter now . 14 TD passes , 2 rushing TDs, 3 picks ( 1 in relief vs rams , very few mistakes. And 16 completions for 268 is not dink and dunk . I think it’s who he is which is a top ten qb. He already staged a mini holdout when Seattle tried to sign him this off-season . They better hurry up in a qb driven league .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:45 am

Hawktawk wrote:Genos agent is laughing all the way to the bank . Whether Seattle steps up or not Geno will have a shot to start somewhere assuming he doesn’t fall off a cliff . But we have 8 games and one quarter now . 14 TD passes , 2 rushing TDs, 3 picks ( 1 in relief vs rams , very few mistakes. And 16 completions for 268 is not dink and dunk . I think it’s who he is which is a top ten qb. He already staged a mini holdout when Seattle tried to sign him this off-season . They better hurry up in a qb driven league .

Until he shows he can do it against division opponents and stronger teams, Geno's agent will maybe double his salary to 7 million a year. You can mark this post and call me out if I'm wrong. No one is seeing Geno as a franchise QB including Pete and John Schneider and they won't until he shows he can win do the job within the division.

That's what GMs look for in a franchise QB.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:57 am

Hawktawk wrote:Genos agent is laughing all the way to the bank . Whether Seattle steps up or not Geno will have a shot to start somewhere assuming he doesn’t fall off a cliff . But we have 8 games and one quarter now . 14 TD passes , 2 rushing TDs, 3 picks ( 1 in relief vs rams , very few mistakes. And 16 completions for 268 is not dink and dunk . I think it’s who he is which is a top ten qb. He already staged a mini holdout when Seattle tried to sign him this off-season . They better hurry up in a qb driven league .

Aseahawkfan wrote:Until he shows he can do it against division opponents and stronger teams, Geno's agent will maybe double his salary to 7 million a year. You can mark this post and call me out if I'm wrong. No one is seeing Geno as a franchise QB including Pete and John Schneider and they won't until he shows he can win do the job within the division.

That's what GMs look for in a franchise QB.

He also needs to show that he can take a team on a 4th quarter, game winning drive. He didn't do it against the Broncos, Falcons, or Saints, and our last TD drive in the Lions game was due mostly to Penny's running, scoring from 41 yards out. He seems to take sacks at critical junctures.

But he's playing way beyond my expectations.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:06 am

Geno had over a 130 passer rating vs a top ten DVOA defense despite facing a 8 Time pro bowler in Chase Young and a top corner in the league who he targeted and beat several times . You just need to stop moving goalposts for what is acceptable for Geno . It was well he’s only accurate because he dinks and dunks . Then it’s he can’t move the offense in the second half . Then it’s he hasn’t thrown a TD in the second half . Anyone watching the game yesterday knows we were screwed out of a late TD by a bad call , had another dropped , bad dissley drop too but we still score 32 with a missed xp and then a strange decision to go for 2 that failed . He has audibled into 3 touchdown runs last 2 weeks but somehow he’s downgraded for nit throwing more .

We fake a punt at our ten . Our defense gives up 100 rushing to 2 guys in the same game for the first time in team history including an H back tight end high school play 8 times in a row .

But Geno can’t win . 3-5 as a starter . Russell would have been benched watching Flynn by now if he had these guys on defense . It’s ironic a defensive guy like Pete has twice hit the jackpot on NFL QBs including digging this guy out of the trash but his defense will be his undoing .
As for Geno not sure what to call him ? Franchise ? No but he’s playing at a higher level then almost all of them . I’m tired of the term , tired of the prima Donna status of guys with the label

He may have been far enough under the radar that knowledgeable fans would say he “ sucked” was a “ pipe dream” old HT was gonna have to wake up from . I feel like Rip van Winkle .
I’m sure Pete and John are quite busy deciding what to do. It’s a dilemma . Most everyone in the league knows the Geno Smith story . If it was me I’d try to find a trade partner for Lock and get some interior defensive help in here . Or they could do it the other way around because my bet Geno has more value . But I don’t think Drew can hold it down like Geno is . Solid . If we had any defense whatever we are 4-1.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:21 am

The Offense is doing pretty well after opening it up more than I would have expected from Carroll.
Too bad he didn't do that 10 years ago. We could have had 3 Lombardi's in the trophy case.
Geno is doing well, but it's the pre-snap motion and play designs that are making the difference.
I'm glad to see Lockett get involved in a bigger way, too.
I wonder if Pete playing this type of Offense will continue if the Defense gets it together and starts to shut down other teams?
He did just that in 2020 stating that he didn't understand this type of football. Maybe it's out of necessity today and is opening his eyes. I wouldn't put money on it, but we can hope he has seen the light.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:50 am

NorthHawk wrote:The Offense is doing pretty well after opening it up more than I would have expected from Carroll.
Too bad he didn't do that 10 years ago. We could have had 3 Lombardi's in the trophy case.
Geno is doing well, but it's the pre-snap motion and play designs that are making the difference.
I'm glad to see Lockett get involved in a bigger way, too.
I wonder if Pete playing this type of Offense will continue if the Defense gets it together and starts to shut down other teams?
He did just that in 2020 stating that he didn't understand this type of football. Maybe it's out of necessity today and is opening his eyes. I wouldn't put money on it, but we can hope he has seen the light.

When you have Marshawn Lynch and the Legion of Boom, you don't need much to win.

And the O-line play has been very good this year as well keeping the pocket clean. Geno and the offense still got blanked against that vicious Frisco D-line. Then again no one is beating them easy anyway now that at least a competent QB is behind center in Jimmie G.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:11 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:When you have Marshawn Lynch and the Legion of Boom, you don't need much to win.

And the O-line play has been very good this year as well keeping the pocket clean. Geno and the offense still got blanked against that vicious Frisco D-line. Then again no one is beating them easy anyway now that at least a competent QB is behind center in Jimmie G.

Yeah, the Niners are looking good and might be the strongest team in the NFC. The three games they've won have all been by 2+ TD's. We'll see how strong they are in a couple weeks when they face the Chiefs.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:16 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:When you have Marshawn Lynch and the Legion of Boom, you don't need much to win.

Yeah, the Niners are looking good and might be the strongest team in the NFC. The three games they've won have all been by 2+ TD's. We'll see how strong they are in a couple weeks when they face the Chiefs.[/quote]

When I hear a hundred times Geno got "blanked" by Frisco "shut down" I think of a beautiful throw on the run and a big hit delivering the ball to the 9er 13 down 13-0 with time left in the first half. We saw the running back throw the ball away as a guy who completed over EIGHTY PERCENT IN THAT GAME watched. There's been a few calls like that unbelievable idiotic fail this year. The fake punt did the same thing the Dee Jay pick did. Totally deflated the team. But Geno vs 9ers 195 yards, passer rating of 80 on a night he got sacked 3 times and knocked down 9 more. We rushed for 36 yards. Geno made the one mistake on a great play by the safety to tip the ball for a pick. But like every game this year he wasn't the problem. Check Stafford's 7 sacks, pick 6 and lost fumble vs that defense . passer rating of 71
Its the defense stupid. We made Jimmy G look like a competent NFL starter which he isn't . That team has a serious problem at QB. We did the same for Mariota and Goff and Andy Dalton. Right now Im pretty sure our QB is playing the best of anyone in the division. When your averaging 30+ you shouldn't have to worry about making comebacks. This is the most putrid display of defense I've ever watched from any Seahawks team. If it continues someone needs to go.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:09 am

Geno and our Offense got shut down by the 49ers. Scoring only 7 points is being shut down regardless of stats or beautiful throws.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:33 am

NorthHawk wrote:Geno and our Offense got shut down by the 49ers. Scoring only 7 points is being shut down regardless of stats or beautiful throws.

The stats show that we got shut down, too. We had roughly half the number of first downs, gained just 36 yards rushing and a total of 216 yards, lost TOP by a wide margin, 2-7 on 3rd down, etc, not to mention an offense that didn't score a single point. Gloating about Geno's play in that game is analogous to putting lipstick on a pig.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:02 am

NorthHawk wrote:Geno and our Offense got shut down by the 49ers. Scoring only 7 points is being shut down regardless of stats or beautiful throws.

The stats show that we got shut down, too. We had roughly half the number of first downs, gained just 36 yards rushing and a total of 216 yards, lost TOP by a wide margin, 2-7 on 3rd down, etc, not to mention an offense that didn't score a single point. Gloating about Geno's play in that game is analogous to putting lipstick on a pig.[/quote]

Our defense was so god damn bad we got 45 plays . And again it’s crickets when I mentioned we threw a pick with a running back in the red zone on second down, the second play in a row Geno had the ball taken away . Having watched the play a few times the body language and groans on the Seahawks sidelines was air going out of a ballon .

I know we’re probably not beating them anyway but when our qb has more TDs then most of the stars in the league it’s entirely possible we score a TD there and kick deep down 13-7 with time left in the half and an energized team so who knows . At a minimum it’s likely 3 although it’s meyers so who fing knows

It’s the worst call I’ve ever seen a Seattle OC make . We got handled but Geno didn’t . He had it taken out of his hands . Let’s see how he does round 2. Shanny would trade QBs right now. That’s the team a quarterback away .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:43 pm

Hawktawk wrote:Our defense was so god damn bad we got 45 plays . And again it’s crickets when I mentioned we threw a pick with a running back in the red zone on second down, the second play in a row Geno had the ball taken away . Having watched the play a few times the body language and groans on the Seahawks sidelines was air going out of a ballon .

I know we’re probably not beating them anyway but when our qb has more TDs then most of the stars in the league it’s entirely possible we score a TD there and kick deep down 13-7 with time left in the half and an energized team so who knows . At a minimum it’s likely 3 although it’s meyers so who fing knows

It’s the worst call I’ve ever seen a Seattle OC make . We got handled but Geno didn’t . He had it taken out of his hands . Let’s see how he does round 2. Shanny would trade QBs right now. That’s the team a quarterback away .

If your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle. The fact is that the Geno led offense didn't score a single God damn point. They got shut down, shut out, and shut up. I don't understand why you can't admit that. It doesn't mean that anyone wants him benched. The Niner defense is arguably the best D in the league. There's no shame in getting shut out by them.

And what's with all this angst towards the OC? Worst call a Seattle OC has made? Sounds a lot like your wanting to fire our DC. What's Pete's role in all of this, or is he just the piano player in the whorehouse, merrily hammering out the tunes and oblivious to all the business going on upstairs?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:38 pm

Point is it’s relative and I notice you didn’t adress the play that ended our only threat . Terrible call . And relative to other *franchise” qb performance he’s fared better than almost anyone in terms of poise . His arm was our yards . I guess Russ scoring 9 and getting 2 from the lousy Frisco qb he’s a hero with that defense . Overall I give Waldron high marks but they was a game killer .

But no it’s Hurrt I’m giving one more chance . You have not admitted our defense last year was far better in scoring defense than this one . I’ve read 2 articles saying we miss Norton . You just like to argue . Hurrt has stunk up the joint .

As for Pete he got us a Lombardi , almost 2 , had 9 playoff teams in 12 years . He took a 12 -4 team up against the rams 2 years ago and the franchise guy sh@t the bed 11-29 141 with a pick 6 .Pete’s 22 ranked in yards or whatever you like to share to make your point defense carried the team down the stretch that year .

Statistics can be manipulated and I’ll try to make this easy . If you start the year 31 or whatever they were first half of 20 and they wind up 22 in yards which you shared it means they were maybe in the teens at year end .

Pete’s defenses almost always get better except when they all get hurt . This one is worse after 5 weeks. Pete’s earned some rope. Hurrts done nothing to suggest we should be real patient . I think Pete’s coaching for his job and he can’t sit around like a bump on a log giving up 40 plus points a game average . Let’s see what happens Sunday
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:15 pm

Hawktawk wrote:Point is it’s relative and I notice you didn’t adress the play that ended our only threat . Terrible call .

I didn't address the call because that's not what lost the game for us. The game wasn't close enough for us to have lost it on any one play. We were outmatched by the better team. And as bad as the call was, I disagree that it was the worst in Seahawk history.

Hawktawk wrote:But no it’s Hurrt I’m giving one more chance . You have not admitted our defense last year was far better in scoring defense than this one . I’ve read 2 articles saying we miss Norton . You just like to argue . Hurrt has stunk up the joint .

Yes, Hurtt is stinking up the joint. But there's plenty of blame to be spread around. Pete's been rebuilding this defense for the past 6 years, and I see no improvement. Do you?

Hawktawk wrote:As for Pete he got us a Lombardi , almost 2 , had 9 playoff teams in 12 years . He took a 12 -4 team up against the rams 2 years ago and the franchise guy sh@t the bed 11-29 141 with a pick 6 .Pete’s 22 ranked in yards or whatever you like to share to make your point defense carried the team down the stretch that year .

Statistics can be manipulated and I’ll try to make this easy . If you start the year 31 or whatever they were first half of 20 and they wind up 22 in yards which you shared it means they were maybe in the teens at year end .

Pete’s defenses almost always get better except when they all get hurt . This one is worse after 5 weeks. Pete’s earned some rope. Hurrts done nothing to suggest we should be real patient . I think Pete’s coaching for his job and he can’t sit around like a bump on a log giving up 40 plus points a game average . Let’s see what happens Sunday

Indeed, statistics can be manipulated. But the larger the sample size, the more credible they become, and we've had a sample size that's going on 6 years. You can't just cherry pick one season out of the past 5 or 6 seasons and compare it with this year's edition. Look at the big picture, not a postage stamp.

Last season, when Russell was our QB, you dismissed our playoff appearances over the past few years as one and done mediocrity. Now you're using them to justify Pete's performance. What gives? And sorry, but a Lombardi and near Lombardi have a shelf life. That's why Tom Coughlin and Mike McCarthy lost their jobs.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:20 pm

RiverDog wrote:Indeed, statistics can be manipulated. But the larger the sample size, the more credible they become, and we've had a sample size that's going on 6 years. You can't just cherry pick one season out of the past 5 or 6 seasons and compare it with this year's edition. Look at the big picture, not a postage stamp.

Last season, when Russell was our QB, you dismissed our playoff appearances over the past few years as one and done mediocrity. Now you're using them to justify Pete's performance. What gives? And sorry, but a Lombardi and near Lombardi have a shelf life. That's why Tom Coughlin and Mike McCarthy lost their jobs.

You have so much more patience than I do.

No one cherry picks more than Hawktawk to push his opinions and then he calls you out for cherry picking? You gotta be kidding me.

It's Pete's defense. He can't hide behind his coordinators anymore. Pete is the defensive guru. Call it like it is: Pete has failed to rebuild the defense. Pete, not Hurtt. Not Ken Norton Jr. Not anyone else but Pete. He is the defensive guru in the building. The defense being terrible is on him. He better get it turned around.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:21 pm

They re-signed Bruce Irvin, so that should help. /sarcasm
Seriously, maybe he can help us not get gashed on the edge quite so much.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:39 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:You (RiverDog) have so much more patience than I do.

No one cherry picks more than Hawktawk to push his opinions and then he calls you out for cherry picking? You gotta be kidding me.

It's all good.

Aseahawkfan wrote:It's Pete's defense. He can't hide behind his coordinators anymore. Pete is the defensive guru. Call it like it is: Pete has failed to rebuild the defense. Pete, not Hurtt. Not Ken Norton Jr. Not anyone else but Pete. He is the defensive guru in the building. The defense being terrible is on him. He better get it turned around.

Don't forget about Kris Richard.

Outside of our draft, I haven't seen anything that would cause me to change my mind that Pete should have been fired at the end of last season. I'm still not calling for his head. It would be insanity to fire a coach at this stage of the season. The only reason you fire a coach at this juncture is if there's an Urban/Gruden type scandal or if it's obvious that they've lost the team, and I don't see that as being the case.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:54 am

I think a lot of good things happened by Pete not being fired. He dug one of the hottest QBs in the league out of the garbage can after trading a washed up has been for a kings ransom that will be the foundation for great future teams . Nobody would have done the first but Pete . Most wouldn’t have gone along with the second . I said before the season I’m giving Pete this year . He has to improve . He has to win . This year . I said we would have an offense we could win 10 with . I didn’t expect Geno to have the #1 passer rating with no defense . # 4 total qbr behind Tua, Mahomes , Allen . We have the #1 DVOA offense in the league with a shutout week 2. With this offense we win 12 with Nortons defense . Who knows without a fart in a skillet running around backwards and launching rocket balls we might actually get a few rounds if we get there .

Hell one of the guys I talk to here called me a dirt bag scum bag lying rumor monger for taking on Russ , delusional for questioning whether his skill had eroded . Said Geno sucks , it’s s pipe dream .

The other guy still can’t admit he’s a competent starter . :lol:

I don’t need lectures about my football acumen from guys that far off the mark on most everything about this off season and Pete’s decisions . We need a top 20 defense and this team is going to be a tough out. But time is wasting . We are clearly far worse on defense then last year . Something has to change . Pronto
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:12 am

Hawktawk wrote:I think a lot of good things happened by Pete not being fired. He dug one of the hottest QBs in the league out of the garbage can after trading a washed up has been for a kings ransom that will be the foundation for great future teams . Nobody would have done the first but Pete . Most wouldn’t have gone along with the second . I said before the season I’m giving Pete this year . He has to improve . He has to win . This year . I said we would have an offense we could win 10 with . I didn’t expect Geno to have the #1 passer rating with no defense . # 4 total qbr behind Tua, Mahomes , Allen . We have the #1 DVOA offense in the league with a shutout week 2. With this offense we win 12 with Nortons defense . Who knows without a fart in a skillet running around backwards and launching rocket balls we might actually get a few rounds if we get there .

Hell one of the guys I talk to here called me a dirt bag scum bag lying rumor monger for taking on Russ , delusional for questioning whether his skill had eroded . Said Geno sucks , it’s s pipe dream .

The other guy still can’t admit he’s a competent starter . :lol:

I don’t need lectures about my football acumen from guys that far off the mark on most everything about this off season and Pete’s decisions . We need a top 20 defense and this team is going to be a tough out. But time is wasting . We are clearly far worse on defense then last year . Something has to change . Pronto

So now, Pete's a QB guru because he "dug one of the hottest QBs in the league out of the garbage can"? You forget that we didn't sign Geno until very late in the process and after 31 other teams had passed on him. If Pete knew what he had, he would have signed him much earlier than he did and to a longer contract than he did.

The reason why you were attacked was due to your characterizations of Russell, ie little emperor, lying little diva, etc. Had you simply laid out the facts as you saw them and not added all the color metaphors and uncomplimentary descriptions, I can guarantee you that you would not have suffered such harsh treatment. If you're gonna trash talk like a professional wrestler and disrespect a 10 year fan favorite player in the manner you did, you have to be prepared for some pretty caustic personal attacks in response.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:00 am

Riverdog gets it.

No one cared if anyone wants to say Russell is washed up or question is football ability. But the attacks were getting personal by HT that it was completely scumbag. Questioning his work ethic, questioning his selfishness, and all this other trash.

I still couldn't believe I5 and some others were ok with the personal attacks, then had the gall to think calling someone out for personal attacks on a good man like Russell made me the problem? Really?

But that's the modern world isn't it? If your Sherm getting a DUI and a domestic violence issue with his wife, no big deal. If you're Geno or Marshawn Lynch and you're getting a DUI, no big deal.

But you're Russell Wilson going to church, trying to stay positive, putting a positive spin on life, taking care of your family, and unhappy in Seattle because you don't think you can win here, then you're the bad guy.

Yet here we are with Geno Smith playing Pro Bowl level ball, best of his career, and we're still 2 and 3 and the defense Pete Carroll built is garbage.

If this defense continues to play bad, then Russell will be right about not being able to win in Seattle just like HT was right that the Geno Smith can actually ball out. So you're basically going to have a situation where not only is Russ done, but so is Carroll and we can't win with Carroll any more because he can't get the defense playing well. Even with a QB playing like a Pro Bowler, putting up yards, highly efficient, only threw one interception to 8 or 9 TDS? And playing as well as Geno as every played in his career, we're still 2 and 3 because Pete Carroll has let his defense, Mr. Pete Carroll the defensive guru, the man who built the Legion of Boom, has let the defense fall into such a bad place it's like a shadow of what it once was.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:19 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:Riverdog gets it.

No one cared if anyone wants to say Russell is washed up or question is football ability. But the attacks were getting personal by HT that it was completely scumbag. Questioning his work ethic, questioning his selfishness, and all this other trash.

I still couldn't believe I5 and some others were ok with the personal attacks, then had the gall to think calling someone out for personal attacks on a good man like Russell made me the problem? Really?

But that's the modern world isn't it? If your Sherm getting a DUI and a domestic violence issue with his wife, no big deal. If you're Geno or Marshawn Lynch and you're getting a DUI, no big deal.

But you're Russell Wilson going to church, trying to stay positive, putting a positive spin on life, taking care of your family, and unhappy in Seattle because you don't think you can win here, then you're the bad guy.

I've been pretty critical of Russell, perhaps 2nd only to HT in this forum. I thought, and still feel, that his skills were in decline and that he was going to have to make some significant changes to his style of play if he wanted to re-capture his magic. Additionally, his personality really began to wear on me, his constantly talking in cliches, his obsession with his image, his dishonesty with his fans about his intentions. I was not unhappy to see him leave and was delighted to see what we got in return.

But at the same time, we have to recognize the fact that Russell is a decent guy, someone I wouldn't mind, and I hope others wouldn't mind, having as a close friend or family member. I can't say that about a player that drove 95 mph on an urban freeway drunk then insults the cop by telling him he has little d!ck syndrome.

Aseahawkfan wrote:Yet here we are with Geno Smith playing Pro Bowl level ball, best of his career, and we're still 2 and 3 and the defense Pete Carroll built is garbage.

If this defense continues to play bad, then Russell will be right about not being able to win in Seattle just like HT was right that the Geno Smith can actually ball out. So you're basically going to have a situation where not only is Russ done, but so is Carroll and we can't win with Carroll any more because he can't get the defense playing well. Even with a QB playing like a Pro Bowler, putting up yards, highly efficient, only threw one interception to 8 or 9 TDS? And playing as well as Geno as every played in his career, we're still 2 and 3 because Pete Carroll has let his defense, Mr. Pete Carroll the defensive guru, the man who built the Legion of Boom, has let the defense fall into such a bad place it's like a shadow of what it once was.

Agreed, although I have to keep adding the caveat that it's still just Week 6 and we're only a game out of first place. It's a weird season, and there's still plenty of time to get this thing turned around.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:36 am

I stand behind my diva little dictator comments 110% and have been proven more correct every news report . I was attacked with ad hominem insults for questioning his play . Geno would be 4-1 with Denver . In his absolute destruction of the myth of Russel noted NFL network host Kyle Brandt said of the end of the Denver debacle where Russ missed a wide open Hamler “ Geno smith makes that play ten out of ten times . He says the same thing I did . He’s a good guy in person . As a leader in the nfl he’s a poser, has a phony personality . I’ve been right on the money on both he and Geno. More right then I expected . And it’s 8 starts now . Still over 100 passer rating , over 70% completion. Bring up the niners all you want . This is who Geno Smith is now .
And River . We have had this conversation regarding the circumstances of Genos latest contract . Pete Carroll said immediately at season end we wanted Geno back , praised his play effusively . There was a contract offer on the table for several weeks . It was Geno holding out . Not sure if it was seeking more money, weighing another offer . Don’t know but it’s a flat out LIE they didn’t want him back or were not sure about it .

I’ve heard it from you over and over . North too. Pete defended Geno after his arrest which occurred on the last day of the season . Pete made a public plea to Geno to sign the deal and take advantage of his opportunity weeks before Geno did in fact do so . Pete employed him 3 years as Russels backup as opposed to some younger guy and he showed in 98 yards why . It’s utter bs to say Geno wasn’t Pete’s find . I trusted the guy who started a 5’9” runt over 20 million free agent , trusted my eyes from 13 quarters and Pete and I were 100% correct . He’s a master at developing QBs .
Yeah the defense sucks and it’s far far worse with mostly the same players so that’s scheme and DC first , talent second . Hurrt has to be first in line . Get it done Sunday .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:44 am

Hawktawk wrote:I stand behind my diva little dictator comments 110% and have been proven more correct every news report . I was attacked with ad hominem insults for questioning his play.

That's fine, go ahead and call Russell a little diva dictator if it makes you feel better. I fully understand the need to relieve some stress by spilling our guts. Just quit with the whining and playing the victim role when others call you out for it. If you don't like the attacks, then change your verbiage to something a little more PC. It's really that simple.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:58 am

How about stow it. There’s no justification for being called a scumbag for speaking truths about Russel . Did you catch the tweets from Baldwin and other players after the Seattle game ? . There’s some harsh feelings from people who know him better than me . And the ten year fandom shrinks by the day as it becomes clear who he is , who he became , everywhere but this forum . I was a trailblazer for Seahawks nation and Pete and john got it 100% right .

. I don’t care if he goes to church or donated to charity or whatever . As our qb be sucked in the end and was disrespectful and ungrateful The hell with him . Good riddance.

I’m not whining about out to lunch people hurling insults , Just pointing out how wrong you all were about Geno and that’s what you latch on to . You people don’t debate facts . Oh and he backed up his POW with a PFF offensive player of the week this week . That’s 32 teams . Is he a competent starter yet ?
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:21 am

Hawktawk wrote:How about stow it. There’s no justification for being called a scumbag for speaking truths about Russel . Did you catch the tweets from Baldwin and other players after the Seattle game ? . There’s some harsh feelings from people who know him better than me . And the ten year fandom shrinks by the day as it becomes clear who he is , who he became , everywhere but this forum . I was a trailblazer for Seahawks nation and Pete and john got it 100% right .

. I don’t care if he goes to church or donated to charity or whatever . As our qb be sucked in the end and was disrespectful and ungrateful The hell with him . Good riddance.

I’m not whining about out to lunch people hurling insults , Just pointing out how wrong you all were about Geno and that’s what you latch on to . You people don’t debate facts . Oh and he backed up his POW with a PFF offensive player of the week this week . That’s 32 teams . Is he a competent starter yet ?

I am not justifying what was said about you. All I am saying is that if it bothers you to be called out like that as it appears that you are, then cease with the highly inflammatory colorful metaphors that add nothing substantial to your comments. You're bringing it on yourself.

And please, quit with the gloating about your being right about Geno and everyone else being wrong, a huge assumption given that this is just Week 6 we're heading into. You are the same guy that once trumpeted first round busts Tim Tebow and Johnny Manziel, so the saying that even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while applies here. Again, you aren't adding anything to the discussion. You're just continuing the trash talking.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:16 am

How about addressing my points about Geno being wanted . And maybe when you admit you were wrong and he’s a competent starter I’ll quit pointing out you were dead wrong about him. Dead wrong about Pete’s evaluation . Dead wrong thinking we should dump Pete and keep the diva . Really really wrong .

As far as axing Pete fine. Maybe we get the next Matt Rhule . Or the next Nathaniel Hackett although he’s calling nice plays . Qb can’t hit them. Meanwhile we have an amazing story , an exciting offense , and we’re a couple plays , couple of bs penalties from being 4-1 with disastrous run defense and yards and bad special teams . The book on Pete 22 isn’t written yet and if it’s his swan song he left it in a lot better shape then he found it . For the next hot coach to F it up .
He’s a great coach . I respect him a lot more then I do previous guy .
Hawktawk
Legacy

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks Forum