Bennett snaps

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Bennett snaps

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:23 am

He was on edge all game, coming very close to drawing a PF on a couple of occasions, and it looks like he took it out on some reporter who apparently said the wrong thing at the wrong time.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/sea ... spartanntp

I didn't see the whole thing so I'm reluctant to pass judgement. Did anyone see his tirade?
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Bennett snaps

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:49 am

The old school me is disapointed that so many people just openly and publicly swear at those w/ whom they disagree. It's just not cool. I can also understand his reaction.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:57 pm

To be fair Bennett lost a good portion of his season and probably still hurts from a cheap shot by Matthews . And you can never question his heart of effort . But getting sandblasted is a new thing for this team but it's becoming more common all the time.
Did anyone catch him talking to Wilson on the sideline after the ridiculous ass sack safety ? It didn't look like a friendly pep talk.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:08 pm

Did anyone catch him talking to Wilson on the sideline after the ridiculous ass sack safety ? It didn't look like a friendly pep talk.

I was actually at the game and did see some of that but couldn't really tell what was going on- I'll have to rewatch the game on Tivo, but if impressions hold, Bennett was more frustrated by the disappearing act he pulled (or Atlanta pulled for him).

Again, it's hard for me to keep as close a track on a game from the stands as it is with a telecast/rewind/slo-mo, etc, but my buddy and I were sitting there wondering whether MB was on the field half the time.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:52 pm

If he snaps then that means he cares about winning and is angry about losing - That's good - this is how winners and champions act after a loss. Most professional athletes across many sports don't get that upset because they do not care enough about winning to get upset. I will take a locker room full of athletes who want to punch a hole in the wall whenever they lose every single season.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:58 pm

Wilson's "ridiculous ass sack safety" huh? The rookie guard stepped on his foot ... that wasn't on Russ.

That was the Seahawks ridiculous ass sack safety, not Wilson's.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:18 pm

I saw the play too bob. I put it on Bevell more than anyone. Trying to pass from under center on the goal line on 2nd and 16 with a backup guard didn't have much upside.

I guess they wanted play action but if you're throwing that close to the goal line get in the shotgun and quit being cute. If Wilson did anything wrong it was just laying on the ground making no effort to get the ball out of there. It was a ridiculous play can we agree on that?
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:35 pm

HT.... really? When making calls, one must assume that the oline wont step on the QB's legs? For all the s*** Bevel has gotten for not calling the run in obvious situations.....I can count sooooo many times when the opposite was true too. Even in this game. Maybe Bev needs to go; I really don't know enough about the ins-n-outs to say (neither does anyone on this forum, BTW). But the endless criticism of him, even when unforeseen weird things happen, is mind-boggling to me.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:58 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:HT.... really? When making calls, one must assume that the oline wont step on the QB's legs? For all the s*** Bevel has gotten for not calling the run in obvious situations.....I can count sooooo many times when the opposite was true too. Even in this game. Maybe Bev needs to go; I really don't know enough about the ins-n-outs to say (neither does anyone on this forum, BTW). But the endless criticism of him, even when unforeseen weird things happen, is mind-boggling to me.

I'm with Sis on this one. Hawktawk, you're bias is starting to show. You want Bevell out so badly that you are not being objective. Teams pass from inside their own 5 all the time. And you can't blame Russell for not getting rid of the ball. There's not a lot of places to throw the ball when you're sitting on your hip pockets. It's even hard for me to blame the guard. It's just one of those fluke things that happens to all teams from time to time. Our luck that it came on the 2 yard line.

I'm pretty neutral as far as getting rid of Bevell goes. If we are going to do a complete overhaul of the offense, then I agree, it's better to get a fresh new look with a different OC. I'll trust Pete's judgement.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:04 pm

Fair enough. Between the ticky tack call on the return and the 4 yard loss by Rawls and the trip sack it just felt like the switch flipped. The guard had already given up a couple of sacks .
I felt Bevell should be gone a long time ago so it isn't hard for me to be less then objective now.
I'm with Sherman the call he made in 49 was inexcusable and he should have been fired.

I truly don't see the attraction. He has not been able to get constant productivity out of this offense for years despite all the tools he has. It's he or Russ and we can't fire Russ.
The Ravens replaced cam Cameron with Jim Caldwell in November of 2012 and won the Super Bowl.
It's time. If Carroll sticks with the guy another year this team is going to come apart .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:15 pm

Watching the Green Bay game and right on queue, Rodgers just got his foot stepped on by his right guard and nearly fell. Like I said, it happens occasionally to all teams.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:19 pm

Hawktawk wrote:Fair enough. Between the ticky tack call on the return and the 4 yard loss by Rawls and the trip sack it just felt like the switch flipped. The guard had already given up a couple of sacks .
I felt Bevell should be gone a long time ago so it isn't hard for me to be less then objective now.
I'm with Sherman the call he made in 49 was inexcusable and he should have been fired.

I truly don't see the attraction. He has not been able to get constant productivity out of this offense for years despite all the tools he has. It's he or Russ and we can't fire Russ.
The Ravens replaced cam Cameron with Jim Caldwell in November of 2012 and won the Super Bowl.
It's time. If Carroll sticks with the guy another year this team is going to come apart .

When I see on nearly every play an Alt Wr wide open and then when we run our plays a Wr wide open on less than 10% of the play that tells me our play calling and design sucks that is Bevel. We saw what happens when our oline does an adequate job, we score easily. But when they don't, we struggle as does any offense and QB But there are thing sour OC can do to help and yesterday he did not
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:47 pm

Exactly . As I said the Falcons got roughed up in Seattle and a couple of months later destroyed them. That's coaching . The ball was getting out of Ryan's hands quickly and the runs were perfectly timed and executed .

Meanwhile after a brilliant job by the line and run game last week Bevell abandoned it unilaterally in the first half against a team it is critical to run on.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:59 pm

Hawktawk wrote:Exactly . As I said the Falcons got roughed up in Seattle and a couple of months later destroyed them. That's coaching . The ball was getting out of Ryan's hands quickly and the runs were perfectly timed and executed .

Meanwhile after a brilliant job by the line and run game last week Bevell abandoned it unilaterally in the first half against a team it is critical to run on.

Its not just abandoning the run its the fact the oline went on vacation after the safety. I saw on ESPN or some place like that that WIlson was hit, sacked hurried or pressured on over 70% of his drop backs after that. I know my friend was keeping track and he said that was about right, thats pathetic. You fix the oline and the offense will be fine
Anthony
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum