Bills Fire Rex Ryan..

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Bills Fire Rex Ryan..

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:24 pm

..and they told his brother Rob to hit the road, too.

Ryan's firing, less than 2 years after he was hired, is the 3rd coach to get the axe before the end of the regular season.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... /95873350/

Chip Kelly could be next.

Are we seeing a trend developing that teams are even more impatient than they have been in years past, firing coaches after just one or two seasons?
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Bills Fire Rex Ryan..

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:29 pm

I think a little bit it's becoming a trend.
Part of it might be looking at how quickly we won a SB and have continued to be contenders.
As well, Ryan was his own worst enemy by proclaiming a Divisional Championship before his first season. He set the bar too high in the beginning and it's been deflating for the fans and owners.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:09 pm

Rams material! Haha
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby Rambo2014 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:17 pm

LOL Rex will do better at the Seahawks than the Rams when PC gets fired. Maybe you all can get bro Rob as a D coordinator as urs is failing now. Rams only will hire quality coaches like Nick Saban, Jon Gruden, types

Sorry we don't need him as we are going to the SB next season
Rambo2014
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:37 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:09 pm

Rambo2014 wrote:LOL Rex will do better at the Seahawks than the Rams when PC gets fired. Maybe you all can get bro Rob as a D coordinator as urs is failing now. Rams only will hire quality coaches like Nick Saban, Jon Gruden, types

That's the funniest crap you have ever thrown out R2.
Last edited by obiken on Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:37 pm

Good ol' Rex & Rob, lol.

I guess the fact that there's only one game left puts the rest of the staff/players on notice?
I dunno.
Poor drafts and not having a franchise QB in place kills any chances for any team, and the Ryan's are more about hot air than achieving any results. Rex got off to a nice start with the Jets, but that turned out to be his peak. Not sure how many more HC opportunities he'll get. Probably will be a fun event at his house for New Year's:)
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:42 pm

Zorn76 wrote:Good ol' Rex & Rob, lol.

I guess the fact that there's only one game left puts the rest of the staff/players on notice?
I dunno.
Poor drafts and not having a franchise QB in place kills any chances for any team, and the Ryan's are more about hot air than achieving any results. Rex got off to a nice start with the Jets, but that turned out to be his peak. Not sure how many more HC opportunities he'll get. Probably will be a fun event at his house for New Year's:)

The Bills have made a couple of other interesting moves, such as benching Tyrod Taylor and starting EJ Manuel.

That was probably Rex's last gig as a HC. There have been other 2 time fired head coaches, our own Pete Carroll being one of them, but you have to have a pretty good resume like Pete did when he went back to USC and had success, and especially given Ryan's brash personality, I just don't see another team taking a chance on him.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:30 pm

RiverDog wrote:t to be his peak. Not sure how many more HC opportunities he'll get. Probably will be a fun event at his house for New Year's:)

The Bills have made a couple of other interesting moves, such as benching Tyrod Taylor and starting EJ Manuel.

That was probably Rex's last gig as a HC. There have been other 2 time fired head coaches, our own Pete Carroll being one of them, but you have to have a pretty good resume like Pete did when he went back to USC and had success, and especially given Ryan's brash personality, I just don't see another team taking a chance on him.

Reading this makes me "re-appreciate" what a great hire Pete was and thankful to th people that hired him. By god did he change everything related to football in the northwest or what?
savvyman
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:26 am

obiken wrote:That's the funniest crap you have ever thrown out R2.

You could read that? I'm not even sure it was English.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:51 am

I was in need of a good laugh, thank you Rambo.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby DallasHawk » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:49 am

Rambo2014 wrote:LOL Rex will do better at the Seahawks than the Rams when PC gets fired. Maybe you all can get bro Rob as a D coordinator as urs is failing now. Rams only will hire quality coaches like Nick Saban, Jon Gruden, types

Rambo, were you drunk when you wrote this?
DallasHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:07 pm

Normey from the PI forum?
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:14 pm

I thought Ryan might get another year playing 500 ball in that division. Bringing in his ass clown brother probably cost him his job ultimately. The defense had apparently begun ignoring him.
I don't know how Bradley lasted as long as he did. Fisher either. I'm stunned Bowles will likely be back. I would think McCoy in San Diego is a matter of time.
I could see Pagano in Indy being gone too.
As the coaching turnstile rotates......
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:40 pm

Lots of Defensive minded coaches getting the axe this year.
Is it a trend towards more Offensive coaches, maybe?
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:13 pm

The return of Mike Martz
Uppercut
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum