Russell Wilson

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Russell Wilson

Postby River Dog » Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:10 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:They give game balls to the former players of teams they just beat. That's their tradition. They didn't just start doing it for Russ.

True. But that wasn't the point. The point is that they gave Russ a "pretty ball." Whassup with that?
River Dog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:17 pm

Bleacher Report trying to generate clicks would be my guess.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby River Dog » Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:39 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Bleacher Report trying to generate clicks would be my guess.

It's more than just BR. It's all over the internet. Besides, it's a direct quote from Justin Fields.

But I do want to correct something that I had assumed which now appears in error. I thought that only Russell got a game ball that was called "pretty", and that perhaps they called it that due to Russ's sideline attire. It now appears that the ball that all the players got was called "pretty.".
River Dog
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:44 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Jeez now y'all are really gonna add on to the anti Russ crap in here over a weird Steeler tradition that has nothing to do with him?

I am far from anyone being the "Anti Russ". I put out an argument he deserves to be in the HOF, and I have hopes he can have a great run with the Steelers. However, yes I agree my last post with the bleacher report link does shade some of that cringy perspective of Russ that I have tried to ignore. I will admit I am Russ fan, and I want to see him go out with a bang and I am not for one to celebrate his failure.
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby River Dog » Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:33 pm

The thread is approaching its 2nd birthday, contains 1085 posts, and is on its 28th page. It's a more popular topic than the interception in SB 49.
River Dog
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum