Saturday Games

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Saturday Games

Postby RiverDog » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:06 pm

If it hadn't been for the fact that it's cold and snow covered outside, I woudn't have hung around inside and watched a game that was 33-0 at halftime. Biggest comeback in NFL history!

Vikings 39, Colts 36, walk off FG with 7 seconds left in overtime.
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Saturday Games

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:04 pm

I was hoping the Dolts would have kept their foot on the gas so they would stay ahead of Denver in wins.
Saturday blew it by not going for the FG when there was just a few seconds over 2 minutes left.
It would have given them an 11 point lead or 2 scores.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:14 pm

Crazy comeback.

You already have snow over there? Damn. We're about to get hit in Western Washington.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:20 pm

Largest comeback in NFL history, like ever ... wow.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:21 pm

NorthHawk wrote:I was hoping the Dolts would have kept their foot on the gas so they would stay ahead of Denver in wins.
Saturday blew it by not going for the FG when there was just a few seconds over 2 minutes left.

There was 2:31 left in regulation, but nevertheless, I agree. I think Minny still had all their timeouts and it was ahead of the 2 minute warning, so it wouldn't have been a game ender had they made the first down. It was a very makable 42 yards in a domed stadium.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:23 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:Crazy comeback.

You already have snow over there? Damn. We're about to get hit in Western Washington.

We've had 6" or so of snow for nearly 2 weeks, and the temperature never stays above freezing long enough for it to melt. The Spokane airport has already had 28", and I think their record for the entire season is 50 something inches.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:22 pm

Dammit. I watched my Zags knock off #4 Alabama on a neutral court scoring 100. Then I watched the first half of the coug debacle and took a nap . Sang 15 songs at kareoki last night . I’m getting too old
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:31 pm

NorthHawk wrote:I was hoping the Dolts would have kept their foot on the gas so they would stay ahead of Denver in wins.

Sorry NH, but thats a laugher, keep your foot on the gas! 33-0 at the half, this isnt College FB! There is no defense in the NFL that gets to Coug it! How much gas did you want??
obiken
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:37 pm

How about another TD to start the conversation. They did almost nothing in the 2nd half.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:56 pm

RiverDog wrote:We've had 6" or so of snow for nearly 2 weeks, and the temperature never stays above freezing long enough for it to melt. The Spokane airport has already had 28", and I think their record for the entire season is 50 something inches.

Damn. I guess I should stop complaining when we get 4 inches. I did not realize Eastern Washington was hit so bad.

Hopefully they handle it well over there. Western Washington seems to be getting better at handling it. But their answer for snow some years back was "It'll go away soon. Just don't go outside." And some of us have to work when it snows. We need the roads plowed and streets cleared. I still remember the government refusing to use salt because of the run off and they were using sand. They're finally using salt because enough people got tired of that useless sand. It doesn't snow enough for the salt to become an issue, so not sure they were thinking having to use it a week or two a year.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:39 pm

It’s probably like it is up here.
We get 3 inches of snow on the coast and everything comes to a halt but it happens in the eastern part of the Province and the people are like “oh, it snowed, What do you want for lunch“?
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:45 am

Our problem has been that the temperature hasn't gotten high enough to melt the snow. We don't normally get a lot of snow and when we do, it generally doesn't stay around more than a few days. There's a bunch of people in my neighborhood complaining about their monthly natural gas bill that in some cases quadrupled from the previous month due to a 20-25% rate increase that took effect on 11/1 and high usage during this cold snap. You outta see some of the comments on Next Door.

Speaking of snow, the nightcap of yesterday's triple header was a fantastic game, almost as good as the Vikings impossible comeback. I had to chuckle at the Bills players scrambling to clear off a spot for their place kicker attempting a walk off FG, reminded me of the Pats snowplow game 20-25 years earlier. The middle game, Browns vs. Ravens, was a bit of a dog, but still entertaining.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:35 am

What a great Saturday of games! Gimme more Saturdays if they can line 'em up like this!
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:19 am

I thought that the Colts-Vikings game was unique. Did you guys see the ending of the Pats-Raiders game?

That game could end up like the Giants fumble vs. the Eagles back in the 70's that led to the victory formation instead of running plays to kill the last seconds off a clock. I doubt that you see another team run a play when they're out of FG range with 3 seconds left and the game tied.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:28 am

Hawktawk wrote:Dammit. I watched my Zags knock off #4 Alabama on a neutral court scoring 100. Then I watched the first half of the coug debacle and took a nap . Sang 15 songs at kareoki last night . I’m getting too old

Forget about the comeback. What was your lineup, Hawktawk? Or at least, your headliners, go-to's, and/or crowd-pleasers?
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:01 am

Hawktawk wrote:Dammit. I watched my Zags knock off #4 Alabama on a neutral court scoring 100. Then I watched the first half of the coug debacle and took a nap . Sang 15 songs at kareoki last night . I’m getting too old

Forget about the comeback. What was your lineup, Hawktawk? Or at least, your headliners, go-to's, and/or crowd-pleasers?[/quote]
White wedding Billy idol . Smoke on the water deep purple . Don’t fear the reaper BOC. 8675309 tommy 2 tone . Born to be wild steppenwolf . Sweet Caroline Neil diamond . Friends in low places Garth . Peaceful easy feeling eagles . Margaritaville Jimmy Buffett . Daniel Elton John . Jumpin Jack flash stones . Then the dj started picking stuff . It was a small bar in my hometown of coulee city . Some people I hadnt seen in many years . Bucket list night .

I can absolutely rip it for 63 . Like the great larry bird said it isn’t talking smack if you can back it up :lol: Fun fun fun
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:45 am

Hawktawk wrote:White wedding Billy idol . Smoke on the water deep purple . Don’t fear the reaper BOC. 8675309 tommy 2 tone . Born to be wild steppenwolf . Sweet Caroline Neil diamond . Friends in low places Garth . Peaceful easy feeling eagles . Margaritaville Jimmy Buffett . Daniel Elton John . Jumpin Jack flash stones . Then the dj started picking stuff . It was a small bar in my hometown of coulee city . Some people I hadnt seen in many years . Bucket list night .

I can absolutely rip it for 63 . Like the great larry bird said it isn’t talking smack if you can back it up :lol: Fun fun fun

Awesome all around man. All classics!
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:57 am

It’s fun . Gotta do it while I can
Hawktawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum