Walker's Injury

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Walker's Injury

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:28 pm

I guess this is good news, but it sounds a bit strange:

Carroll told Seattle Sports 710 AM on Monday that an MRI revealed a strain -- not a sprain -- that's causing inflammation.

"He's got a strain in a particular part of his foot that we've just got to help him through and see if we can get it to quiet down and all that," Carroll said. "It's an unusual injury. I've never heard of this. It's a little space that's just aggravated in the inside of his ankle that we've got to just help him, just do everything we can to get him back, see if he can come back and play."

Carroll said it's possible that Walker plays this Sunday against the Carolina Panthers depending on how he responds over the next few days.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/351 ... kle-strain
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Walker's Injury

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:41 pm

Foot injury for a RB sounds like one of those lingering things. I say rest him. We don't want him ending up like Eskridge.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:40 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:Foot injury for a RB sounds like one of those lingering things. I say rest him. We don't want him ending up like Eskridge.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons why I wasn't sure to call it 'good' news.

As far as whether or not to rest him, I'd have to put my faith in the team doctor and the player. If they both feel he's ready to go, then let him play, but keep a close eye on him in practice.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:14 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:Foot injury for a RB sounds like one of those lingering things. I say rest him. We don't want him ending up like Eskridge.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons why I wasn't sure to call it 'good' news.

As far as whether or not to rest him, I'd have to put my faith in the team doctor and the player. If they both feel he's ready to go, then let him play, but keep a close eye on him in practice.[/quote]

Well we had the big boy go out with a foot strain nobody ever heard of after 3 carries. But he might play next week . Meanwhile an obviously injured Dee Jay strapped up the big boy pants and played as long as he could . I was more concerned about him missing a block and having Geno adress it and he popped back . Beyond that he’s run the wrong way on handoffs 3 times , twice in the second half of the Atlanta game in a 1 score loss . Vs the Raiders he was involved in a fumble . Not sure exactly what happened . Looked like Geno wanted to hand it off any he wasn’t even expecting it .
I see maybe a bit of a head case . Lack of focus . Did he decide his foot hurt too bad after his exchange with Geno ? It’s just weird .
Love the way he runs but I think he needs to toughen up a little and concentrate when he’s on the field .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:26 pm

Hawktawk wrote:Well we had the big boy go out with a foot strain nobody ever heard of after 3 carries. But he might play next week . Meanwhile an obviously injured Dee Jay strapped up the big boy pants and played as long as he could . I was more concerned about him missing a block and having Geno adress it and he popped back . Beyond that he’s run the wrong way on handoffs 3 times , twice in the second half of the Atlanta game in a 1 score loss . Vs the Raiders he was involved in a fumble . Not sure exactly what happened . Looked like Geno wanted to hand it off any he wasn’t even expecting it .
I see maybe a bit of a head case . Lack of focus . Did he decide his foot hurt too bad after his exchange with Geno ? It’s just weird .
Love the way he runs but I think he needs to toughen up a little and concentrate when he’s on the field .

I agree. Walker doesn't look right. He missed a block on a blitzing safety that resulted in a sack yesterday, too, and I mentioned in another thread that it looked like he was grabbing at his groin or thigh. Something isn't right with him.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:36 am

Yeah the safety k9 missed the block on was what caused Geno to approach him on the sidelines .

Not sure what was said , I can imagine Geno wasn’t pleased but K9 yelled something back at Geno .

Look rookie you may not like being called out in the league instead of being the cock of the walk in college .

It’s like playing Michigan every week , even last week. Genos a grizzled veteran playing at a high level leading the team playing hurt , sick Sunday , getting knocked around . I’m sure hes hurting .

Take it rookie and stfu and improve .
Walker has got incredible gifts but I’m officially worried about what’s in the chest or between the ears . DK was similar and turned out ok but right now it’s a bit weird . Hopefully the turnaround starts Sunday .
As for the injury the way Pete was talking about it , so carefully worded yet “ never seen it before “ it’s inflamed , you can see it “ sounds about as close to Parcells “she’s doing fine “ comment about a receiver who always had some nagging thing without actually saying it . Imo he’s scratching his head after that one .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:09 am

Hawktawk wrote:Yeah the safety k9 missed the block on was what caused Geno to approach him on the sidelines .

Not sure what was said , I can imagine Geno wasn’t pleased but K9 yelled something back at Geno .

Look rookie you may not like being called out in the league instead of being the cock of the walk in college .

It’s like playing Michigan every week , even last week. Genos a grizzled veteran playing at a high level leading the team playing hurt , sick Sunday , getting knocked around . I’m sure hes hurting .

Take it rookie and stfu and improve .
Walker has got incredible gifts but I’m officially worried about what’s in the chest or between the ears . DK was similar and turned out ok but right now it’s a bit weird . Hopefully the turnaround starts Sunday .
As for the injury the way Pete was talking about it , so carefully worded yet “ never seen it before “ it’s inflamed , you can see it “ sounds about as close to Parcells “she’s doing fine “ comment about a receiver who always had some nagging thing without actually saying it . Imo he’s scratching his head after that one .

Blocking is what's going to keep Walker from becoming a 3 down back and represents why I'm so reluctant to spend high draft picks on running backs. That may have been why he fell to us in the 2nd round.

I'll have to go back and watch the replay to see the sideline confrontation between Geno and Walker that you're talking about. On Game Day, I multitask between the Hawks game and must have missed it.

Different subject. I'm still concerned about Metcalf. He drew another USC penalty last Sunday and again, it didn't hurt us. But if he keeps it up, it's only a matter of time before he costs us big time. He's made a reputation for himself as a thin-skinned hothead and opposing players will be baiting him and refs will be on the lookout. Richard Sherman would have had a field day with Metcalf.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:36 am

Ramseys on another level of antagonism along with Lattimore etc . DK is what you get . An explosive powerhouse but a guy who lets his emotions get away from him . Meyers has bailed him out twice now . But 8 for 8 against Ramsey , also the GWTD with Ramsey draped all over him fouling him .
I’ll take the good with the bad . DK makes mistakes but I have no doubt he’s always playing as hard as he can . I’ve got questions about Walkers effort last 3 games .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:01 am

Hawktawk wrote:Ramseys on another level of antagonism along with Lattimore etc . DK is what you get . An explosive powerhouse but a guy who lets his emotions get away from him . Meyers has bailed him out twice now . But 8 for 8 against Ramsey , also the GWTD with Ramsey draped all over him fouling him .
I’ll take the good with the bad . DK makes mistakes but I have no doubt he’s always playing as hard as he can . I’ve got questions about Walkers effort last 3 games .

I'm not saying that I won't 'take' Metcalf. What I am saying is that despite what he himself has admitted and Pete's handling of the situation, the guy still hasn't 'grown up.' What is it going to take? Are we going to have to lose a big game because he ran his mouth before he and Pete realize that he has a problem? It's a concern.

As far as Walker's effort goes, I don't want to attribute the problems he had vs. the Bucs and Raiders to some sort of emotional problem. He got stuffed by defenses that at least on those days, were the better unit. Besides, I thought that the reason he didn't perform well vs. the Bucs was due to the Jell-O field and the long flight to Munich, was it not? :lol:

But I do agree that something isn't right with him.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:08 am

I totally disagree with you on DK, I'll take all of what you consider his issues in order to keep his fire as a player. He's special.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:56 am

c_hawkbob wrote:I totally disagree with you on DK, I'll take all of what you consider his issues in order to keep his fire as a player. He's special.

This right here^ 8-8 with the GWTD vs Ramsey. If it was a game geno checked off a GWD box its a day DK checked a box too IMO.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:12 am

RiverDog wrote:As far as Walker's effort goes, I don't want to attribute the problems he had vs. the Bucs and Raiders to some sort of emotional problem. He got stuffed by defenses that at least on those days, were the better unit. Besides, I thought that the reason he didn't perform well vs. the Bucs was due to the Jell-O field and the long flight to Munich, was it not? :lol:

But I do agree that something isn't right with him.

I wont retract a thing I said about Munich starting with the day the god damn apparition appeared on the schedule. We took the field as the hottest team in football, Walker as offensive ROTM and he couldn't stand up on the field, falling down. Total loss of mojo in the mud hole with a bunch of drunken idiots singing john denver. If we miss the postseason we can look at that day at 6:30 AM when the 4 weeks as the hottest team took a dump thanks to Goodells folly.

Even so it seemed he was unwilling to lower his head and take 2 or 3 yards later in that game although he was terrific out of the backfield. Same deal vs Raiders,TOO patient. Hiding behind the line chopping his feet looking for a hole we were not providing. He aint baby Lynch, good grief.

I hope I'm blowing smoke and seeing ghosts cause the guy has the whole physical package. Just seemed to be in the witness protection program past 3 weeks playing very soft and not at all last sunday after 3 touches, a missed block, an actual full blown shouting match with the QB after a missed block where coaches stood up to prevent the men from getting any closer to one another.
It was worse than I thought. unless Geno challenged his manhood hes got no business popping off after blowing a block for a sack . He had it coming. He wouldnt last long on a brady team.

In other news Penny has made it known hes trying to get back for a potential return in a postseason should we make it. Carroll has thrown some cold water on it saying hes not running yet but that hes ahead of schedule and working hard on rehab but he won't rule it out. Wouldn't that be something .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby tarlhawk » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:20 am

It would be nice to have Walker III and Travis Homer back....to escape the "scare" of losing both Penny and K9 in same season...both help Geno not to work so hard....but Geno and Waldrons play calling have produced excellent results thus far. The modern ability of "film" study makes it harder to surprise...let alone shock opposing teams with scheme....its become more a coaching game of who can adjust "on the field" as scheme "direction" is revealed.

As for Walker and Geno "talking on the sideline" it looked like a designed toss to Walker with either an "uncovered" hot read by Geno or an expectation of the RB to "chip" the incoming missle before expecting the pass. Regardless....as Rich Sherman noted "shut up rookie" you're to be "seen" not "heard". Its the "emotions" of a very important game and Geno is leader of the club house and made himself known when he "singles" out an irritation. In the miscue from the raiders fumble....both Geno and Walker took ownership of what they conveyed was an RPO play. On a run pass option the QB puts the ball into a stomach tuck (bread basket) of the RB then pulls it back out based on the QB determination of what the edge defender is reacting to...RW was a master of deception when he and Marshawn used to do this....and Geno has been very good at it as well but it takes excellent timing....and the RB needs to have a feel for how the football is being placed. It takes both the QB and RB to make the "magic" work on an RPO and no finger pointing was the result.

DK plays with passion and he knows Ramsey is the respected antagonist to match up with and beat to make his own respected recognition in the NFL...no hugs/no exchanged Christmas cards....just a fiery competition on the field. As Woolen continues to improve there will no doubt be some rivalries established between him and some of the better WR from our NFC West opponents.

Onward and upward! Go hawks
tarlhawk
Legacy

Postby trents » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:25 am

Hawktawk wrote:I wont retract a thing I said about Munich starting with the day the god damn apparition appeared on the schedule. We took the field as the hottest team in football, Walker as offensive ROTM and he couldn't stand up on the field, falling down. Total loss of mojo in the mud hole with a bunch of drunken idiots singing john denver. If we miss the postseason we can look at that day at 6:30 AM when the 4 weeks as the hottest team took a dump thanks to Goodells folly.

The "hottest team in football"? Even if that were true, it was an apparition due to a soft schedule to that point.
trents
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:59 am

Hawktawk wrote:I wont retract a thing I said about Munich starting with the day the god damn apparition appeared on the schedule. We took the field as the hottest team in football, Walker as offensive ROTM and he couldn't stand up on the field, falling down. Total loss of mojo in the mud hole with a bunch of drunken idiots singing john denver. If we miss the postseason we can look at that day at 6:30 AM when the 4 weeks as the hottest team took a dump thanks to Goodells folly.

trents wrote:The "hottest team in football"? Even if that were true, it was an apparition due to a soft schedule to that point.

Yeah, forget about the undefeated Eagles or the once beaten Vikings. And drunken idiots singing John Denver songs? Like they don't do that here? I was in the crowd singing that at the Raiders game last week. :lol:
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby tarlhawk » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:06 am

trents wrote:The "hottest team in football"? Even if that were true, it was an apparition due to a soft schedule to that point.

That 4 game stretch had only one team (NY Giants) on it as the result of our 2021 finish....and at that time the Giants were playing well above expectations and threatened to expose the achilles heel (Run Defense) in dramatic fashion....so yes one could make the acclaim we were one of the hottest teams in the NFL going into our "away" game in Germany. Our "coverages" help determine the communicated necessities of our "gap responsibilities" for our run defense....a lot of moving pieces that rely on recognition/communication....even Pete Carrol said Woolen was guilty of a couple "knucklehead" plays he got lucky with on the results (in our last game-Rams)...so our vet/youth blend is contending with the necessity to disguise creative schemes to keep our playcalling from being "bland". Its a true team effort for our defense to make full use of the defensive schemes being used to make our opponents offense (QB) to hesitate...Onward and upwards! Go hawks.
tarlhawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:00 am

tarlhawk wrote:That 4 game stretch had only one team (NY Giants) on it as the result of our 2021 finish....and at that time the Giants were playing well above expectations and threatened to expose the achilles heel (Run Defense) in dramatic fashion....so yes one could make the acclaim we were one of the hottest teams in the NFL going into our "away" game in Germany.

But that's not what was said. It wasn't "one of the hottest teams" to which I can think we could agree, it was "the hottest team"...singular, which is absurd when you consider that it eliminates teams like the Eagles, Cowboys, Vikings, Chiefs, Bills, Jets, etc. It was our esteemed colleague going way overboard on his characterizations as he sometimes does.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:04 am

]

[quote="tarlhawk"That 4 game stretch had only one team (NY Giants) on it as the result of our 2021 finish....and at that time the Giants were playing well above expectations and threatened to expose the achilles heel (Run Defense) in dramatic fashion....so yes one could make the acclaim we were one of the hottest teams in the NFL going into our "away" game in Germany. Our "coverages" help determine the communicated necessities of our "gap responsibilities" for our run defense....a lot of moving pieces that rely on recognition/communication....even Pete Carrol said Woolen was guilty of a couple "knucklehead" plays he got lucky with on the results (in our last game-Rams)...so our vet/youth blend is contending with the necessity to disguise creative schemes to keep our playcalling from being "bland". Its a true team effort for our defense to make full use of the defensive schemes being used to make our opponents offense (QB) to hesitate...Onward and upwards! Go hawks.[/quote]

We beat AZ twice, both times by 10 plus despite a blocked punt in the endzone in G1. Chargers are a playoff contending team and we we really blew them out on the road. Giants were 6-1 and leading the NFL in rushing. Its maddening hearing people who should know better play bad team good team over and over. Az record looks worse because we beat them twice, handily. Raiders looks better because we lost to them and now they are on a 3 game WS. In our 4 game win streak we led the league in offense, defense , QB was offensive player of the month ,had the O and D ROTM , led in sacks and pressures . Prior to Munich turd bowl we were within 3 of the Dallas cowboys for the most sacks in the league and it all happened in that month despite playing 4 really mobile QBs.
WE WERE THE HOTTEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE. not debatable. Thanks league F you.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:37 pm

And yet people are debating it with valid points.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:05 pm

NorthHawk wrote:And yet people are debating it with valid points.

Yeah, I guess a team that was 8-0 at the time wasn't nearly as hot as one that was 6-3. How could I be so ignorant? (Slaps forehead with palm)
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum